***ArmA 3 Thread***

Soldato
Has anyone come up with a solution to the low GPU/CPU usage but low framerate issues? It's very widespread as a quick google will show and there are several large posts on the official forums about it but I can't find any concrete tips to help with performance. Changing settings from Very High/Ultra to Low results in only a couple of FPS improvement. I've only tried the helicopter and infantry SP missions with the helicopter one decimating my framerate to below 20fps. The infantry one isn't as bad but doesn't really get over 30fps. I haven't tried online yet as the only server I tried got stuck on waiting for host after it got the mission files.

I've tried the -cpuCount=4 in the startup options but that didn't help.

PC specs:

Q6600 @ 3.4ghz,
4GB DDR2 @ 900mhz,
GTX 470 @ 800/1800 (roughly, can't remember the exact OC)
Windows 7
Game installed on an SSD

Associate
I have had three crashes of arma 3 is not working. Has anyone else had this today or do you think a steam integrity check is in order?

Edit: It's ok I think the server went down.

Associate
I did some performance testing last night after watching the video posted a few pages back. I have very similar spec to the guy in the video so basically copied his settings.

After setting Arma up and loading up the editor and setting up a mission file of my own i Was surprised to see i was getting 55-60fps constant and the game looks fantastic.

So I decided to go online with the same settings and the results was so much different. FPS was anywhere between 30 - 60 which seem to show that the server performance is directly linked to the client performance..

This worries me as you don't tend to see this in other FPS online games as most of the work is being done by the clients machine.

This is one area I hope they change as offloading stuff onto the server directly impacts the client performance.. This is why you see similar kind of results in Arma 2... but to be fair they ahve improved this in Arma 3 compared to Arma 2.

Associate
I have had three crashes of arma 3 is not working. Has anyone else had this today or do you think a steam integrity check is in order?

Edit: It's ok I think the server went down.

I was playing on the server earlier and it kept stopping and starting. Eventually it just crashed

(PS My name on the server is HawK)

Associate
my games only lasted for 15 minutes before I got the 'no message received' text.

Was 3 of us playing last night. All happened at the same time, take it the server kept crashing?

We got by Stoned raider last night...Went straight to the first side mission took out everyone else going for it. Jumped in the black hawk and headed straight for the most south gun shop too get suppressors for our guns thinking 'server has not even been up 10 minutes no one is going to be here already' pew pew pew

All dead...Arse lesson learnt xD

Soldato
Has anyone come up with a solution to the low GPU/CPU usage but low framerate issues? It's very widespread as a quick google will show and there are several large posts on the official forums about it but I can't find any concrete tips to help with performance. Changing settings from Very High/Ultra to Low results in only a couple of FPS improvement. I've only tried the helicopter and infantry SP missions with the helicopter one decimating my framerate to below 20fps. The infantry one isn't as bad but doesn't really get over 30fps. I haven't tried online yet as the only server I tried got stuck on waiting for host after it got the mission files.

PC specs:

Q6600 @ 3.4ghz,
4GB DDR2 @ 900mhz,
Windows 7
Game installed on an SSD

I use the following in the game launch options through steam for an i7. For the Q6600 I'd change the cpucount to 4 and remove the memory setting as by default arma 3 uses 4GB anyway I think.

-cpucount=8 -nosplash -high -maxMem=8192 -exThreads=7

Also I've manually set PhysX to my GPU rather than auto select. Running the above settings at 4.8GHz I average 50 fps on most servers with CPU usage between 80-100 and GPU clocks at full speed rather than idling speed.

Soldato

PC specs:

Q6600 @ 3.4ghz,
4GB DDR2 @ 900mhz,
Windows 7
Game installed on an SSD

Try to mess around with view and object draw distance; that will reduce the load on your GPU and frame rate if it's to high.

Caporegime
General Notes

• The Development build might not always be compatible with the Stable build due to the different versions of data or code.
Design

• Fish and turtles might be found on the shore
  • Fish do not react to players
  • Animals do not react to shooting or similar activities by players or AI
  • Slider support in module settings in editor is not finished
  • Tripwire mine has the wrong origin for its particle effect
  • Showcase: Helicopters has performance issues
Configuration

• Building configuration is not finalized
  • Buildings could be more vulnerable to fire
  • Reverse speed for cars isn't properly tuned
Animation

• Reload animations while kneeling are not looking smooth
  • Players are able to shoot while ragdolling in water
  • Rocket launcher clipping with your head while swimming
  • Copilot entering MH9 is improperly placed
  • Unable to shoot SDAR underwater if not a diver
  • Unable to use LMB to raise weapon while kneeled
  • Unable to use LMB to raise pistol
  • Ragdoll while ejecting a vehicle
  • Reload animation of M200 is the same for not empty and empty magazine
  • M200 uses improper reload animation while prone
  • Able to access optics while kneeling with weapon lowered
Program

• On some GPUs bench-marking causes GPU drivers to crash on game start-up ("Display driver stopped responding and has recovered")
    • Use -nobenchmark command line option
  • For some users the -winxp command line option helps when the game starts to an empty frame
  • Inventory system is not complete
  • Models of items on ground may rotate while placing other items next to them (headgear, vest, glasses)
  • Respawn load-out is not finalized
  • Friendly AI takes you for an enemy if your mine kills a friendly soldier
  • Synchronization of mines with modules is not implemented yet
  • Cargoposes in vehicles are not properly synchronized in multiplayer
  • Weapons looted from enemy corpses don't emit any sound when shooting in multiplayer
Graphical User Interface

• The shadow of letters positioning is not finalized yet
  • While changing interface size, texts may change size inappropriately
  • Mission voting in MP does not work
  • Difficulty settings can be changed only in Create Game, but not in Server Control
  • Mission debriefing collides with mission statistics
  • Restart button in mission select doesn't work on Dedicated Server
  • Create game buttons: for non-admin user Restart and Continue buttons are present
  • Editor: daytime slider in mini-Intel doesn't refresh
  • Dark screen while saving
  • UI elements inside ControlsGroup move even if they are not bigger than the ControlsGroup
  • Profile: missing Discard Changes button
  • Selected tab in the dialogue doesn't have permanent highlight
Audio

• Machine gun sound of helicopter is not optimized
  • Some sounds may not be final (boats e.g.)
  • Boats emit water splash sound while on shore
http://alpha.arma3.com/known-issues

Back
Top Bottom