Arr, This here be a boarding party

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
FAO Godspeed(TPF)

In the other thread, Godspeed(TPF) dared me to run Rosetta on my Eee, so I did :D

I was getting about 100 cobblies a day running at the full 900MHz with 2GB RAM - which is more than I expected. I've retired it now as I don't want to put too much strain on the little guy.

On a side note, I've also had to retire the M1710 due to overheating issues. I was monitoring the CPU temperature and it was running up to 92C :eek: and then throttling the CPU down from 2.16GHz to 1.0GHz until it got to around 48C and then building back up :( It was doing this pretty much constantly.
I figured this was not a good thing so I've retired it for now and will get it opened up when I get home and give the fans a good clean to see if that helps.

Associate
XPSM1710!!!

In the other thread, Godspeed(TPF) dared me to run Rosetta on my Eee, so I did :D

I was getting about 100 cobblies a day running at the full 900MHz with 2GB RAM - which is more than I expected. I've retired it now as I don't want to put too much strain on the little guy.

On a side note, I've also had to retire the M1710 due to overheating issues. I was monitoring the CPU temperature and it was running up to 92C :eek: and then throttling the CPU down from 2.16GHz to 1.0GHz until it got to around 48C and then building back up :( It was doing this pretty much constantly.
I figured this was not a good thing so I've retired it for now and will get it opened up when I get home and give the fans a good clean to see if that helps.

Help is on the way me pirate brother. Head on over to our 'Downloads" section and check out a little program called I8kfanGUI.

http://www.thepiratefleet.com/downloads.shtml

Not only does it monitor ALL of your temps, but it let's you control your fans too. I have an XPSM1710 with a [email protected] and she be runnin at a cool 54c with the fans set to high. Come on over and post after you try it out. Let me know what you think.

http://www.thepiratefleet.com/forums/

And I didn't know you had yer EEEPC up an runnin. My appologies, mine will be up today. Good on ya mate.:)

Back
Top Bottom