Arr, This here be a boarding party

Associate
Crap.

EGADS!! I think I see them off the starboard bow. Man the cannons boys! We be in fer a fight here. AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!
icon_pirat.gif
icon_pirat.gif
icon_pirat.gif
icon_pirat.gif

Soldato
Nah, just some owd tatty Sheffield steel I should imagine. It won't rust though :D

EDIT: Plastic eh? I've no plastic cutlery, but would those wooden chippy forks do? Must have some of those knocking around somewhere...

Associate
OHH the inhumanity of it all, those dastardy British have fulled their fleet away from fighting the damn Frenchies and have overwhelmed us, run for the Cove boys! We will live to fight another day!! This war is NOT over!

Soldato
I say, it would seem that those ghastly oiks have been defeated. Three cheers OcUK! Top hole, what what!

Just remains to be seen if we can sustain it for any length of time. But for the time being...

\o/ \o/ \o/

Oh yes, nearly forgot... AAARRRRRR!!! :D

Associate
congratulations to OcUK.. you certainly have pulled together a fine ralley...

you may take the battle (that makes us 1-1), but the WAR is still to be won...

and this be W-AAAARRR...

this does seem familiar... much larger, more organized, by all right more powerful group, but maybe distracted a bit by other happenings (projects), is caught a bit off guard by the rabblerousers, re-organizes to win a few rounds in the middle, but ultimately is ground to submission by the sheer determination of the more focused (and suprisingly strong for its size) smaller group... and in the end we all become best of friends for it... :)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
this does seem familiar... much larger, more organized, by all right more powerful group, but maybe distracted a bit by other happenings (projects), is caught a bit off guard by the rabblerousers, re-organizes to win a few rounds in the middle, but ultimately is ground to submission by the sheer determination of the more focused (and suprisingly strong for its size) smaller group... and in the end we all become best of friends for it... :)

Pretty much sums it up. We do have the potential to be a force to be reckoned with (like in the old SETI days) but with so many different projects around, our resources are spread very thin and we tend to be a minor team in many projects rather than a major player in one. If we could all agree on one project, it would be interesting to see how good we could be - sadly this will never happen :(

Now that we have made our show of strength, I would expect quite a few to drift back to their own projects but we will be leaving a few behind. The likes of Magman, Berserker and myself have done about as much in Folding as we can do and it would appear all three of us will be sticking around, adding a sizeable contribution to the team's output.

We may be seeing more of you me hearties.
AAAAAARRRRRRAAAAARRRRRR.

Associate
Limping in with hat in hand....

Tis be Goodspeed all. I come t' say a few words and then I be off.

It's been a hard few weeks here at The Pirate Fleet. What with raisin our sails t' pass your ships and then keepin em high to fend ya off. I gave all I had, and then some. As did the entire (TPF) crew. Twas truly a sight to behold all us Pirates manning our fleet one by one with meticulous precision. Making sure all the sails be in tip top shape and in no need of repair. Many times checkin our headin and adjustin the rudder as need be. Then checkin again jus t' be sure.

Truth be told Me own fleet was at the ragged edge sailin so fast at times I fer sure thought they might just sprout wings and fly. Either that or tear themselves t' pieces and sink me fer sure. Then I be at the bottom with Davey Jones' locker. And we can't have that now can we.

However fast and dangerous we sailed at times we never worried, cuz we here at (TPF) be Pirates, and fast and dangerous be how we roll. aarrrgghh....

That bein said, ya bunch a Brits done good. Real good. I'm sure yer mommas be proud an all good warm stuffs like that. But in the end yus done what yus said ye would. An fer that I be givin me favorite Pirate hat to ya.

http://www.captjackspiratehats.com/images/hats/custom/custom-01.jpg

Now don't go gettin all jiggly in the knees and watery in the eyes. This aint be fer permanent like. It just be fer temporary. Ya know, ta say job well done and all, and fer pullin tagether like such a good team. 'Twas truly a sight t' behold.

Now don't go gettin too comfy there with me hat tho. Ya see, I'm headed back now t' wipe down me sails and hire on a few more deckhands. And I want it back...

Associate
Battle well fought and won on your side.

But this is what we do, you asked about pirate tricks...

Only this; we got more people involved in Rosetta, a most admirable DC, we encourage our own members to greater heights, and we made a few friends in the process. You see we can't lose... we play by our own rules.

Back
Top Bottom