Arsenal FC - A complete shambles. What needs to change? *Please read OP before posting*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I still think there is obvious managers who could do a decent job like tuchel or simeone, or like when wenger joined us some left field character.

I'd like simeone because his teams have a solid base and attack really well with precision forward passes generally not sideways tippy tappy. Plus he is abit of a character some of the soft passenger players wouldn't want to stay around that hence dead wood gone.

I agree with your choice of simeone, would make a nice replacement.

Although I still think any new manager will struggle with Stan at the top as he does not like investing in Arsenal, just likes taking. Really need usmanov in control at the top who would properly fund us.

Associate
I agree with your choice of simeone, would make a nice replacement.

Although I still think any new manager will struggle with Stan at the top as he does not like investing in Arsenal, just likes taking. Really need usmanov in control at the top who would properly fund us.

TBH the whole setup is a shambles Stan, Ivan, sir chips Keswick, d!ck law (the master negotiator). Even wengers personnel like gk coaches have not been great and now the once great youth academy is falling apart look at the youngsters we lost in willock and malen two very sought after lads and we couldn't keep them :rolleyes:

Soldato
TBH the whole setup is a shambles Stan, Ivan, sir chips Keswick, d!ck law (the master negotiator). Even wengers personnel like gk coaches have not been great and now the once great youth academy is falling apart look at the youngsters we lost in willock and malen two very sought after lads and we couldn't keep them :rolleyes:

You can't keep them as the route to the first team isn't there and young players have stopped kicking on at the club, too many good prospects have stalled.

Associate
You can't keep them as the route to the first team isn't there and young players have stopped kicking on at the club, too many good prospects have stalled.

It's amazing how the club was once known for nurturing and developing has lost its way with the youngsters. I hope we can develop Reiss Nelson and Eddie Nketiah they are top drawer I think and Maitland Niles is good too if they stick him to one position

Soldato
It's amazing how the club was once known for nurturing and developing has lost its way with the youngsters. I hope we can develop Reiss Nelson and Eddie Nketiah they are top drawer I think and Maitland Niles is good too if they stick him to one position

The position thing really doesn't help Wenger loves to find a players best position then play him somewhere else, it's almost like he's trying to perform the Thierry Henry trick with every player they sign!

Associate
Notice how it's only the Rams that are doing well. The one team he actually cares about and injects money (probably ours) into. Odious parasite is bleeding us dry.
you don't know what you're talking about. the last time the rams won more games than they lost was 2003. they've literally varied from worst in the league to middle of the table at best the last 13 odd years. Arsenal is by far his most successful sports team

Associate
Arsenal make money, making profit year in year out. They not winning anything except the fa cup which the owners are fine with, the fans are not obviously. Why would the owners change anything if they keep making money. For now 4th will always be arsenals target.

Associate
Yes they make massive profit, in fact i think only real madrid make more on the gate than us, Gazidis is "apparently" NOT fine with us just finishing 4th (if we even can anymore) He always spout's the same junk we want to win the league, etc. the fans have turned big style on Kroenke as he's been silent through out, Kroenke got so much hate last year that his son wanted to meet with red and white to sell!.the man is hated in america and knows nothing about football, the whole point of moving from highbury was to be able to compete with the best in the world, to buy the best players in the world etc, that was the dream they sold us, for about 7yrs we played with a team that we paid about 40 million for! now they expect us to sit back and take it, not gonna happen. especially when there's so many other teams pushing on in the league now we will get left behind

Don
OP
Re Arsenal's finances, there's a theory that Arsenal need to keep their cash levels up because of loans Kroenke has or will take out over in the US. He's in the process of financing the most expensive stadium of all time and people are speculating that his shareholding in Arsenal may be used as security on that. Possible terms of that agreement could be linked to Arsenal's cash balance.

The Glazer's had a similar thing in place some years ago where some of their personal borrowings (to buy Utd) were secured against their shares and the interest rate charged was dependent on the state of their balance sheet.

edit: here we go

https://www.ft.com/content/f710bef4-0608-11df-8c97-00144feabdc0

Utd's net debt needed to be no more than 5.2 times their EBITA.

A similar deal for Kroenke would go a long way to explaining why Arsenal have kept their cash balance so high.

Associate
At the end of the day somethings got to give, they charge the most amount I think for season tickets in Europe but don't challenge for major honours Bayern, Barcelona, Madrid, Juventus etc do so naturally a lot of people will decide not to go, the problem is the people who pick up the tickets after usually are tourists at the emirates, the last time I went was a couple years ago and there were people literally taking pictures oblivious to the game going on the pitch the real fans are mainly at away games where the support is a lot more vocal it seems. And this is a problem for people saying protest/boycott games the tourist/day outs will pick up the left over tickets even at premium prices so the real fans who want to try and take action don't get noticed just replaced, people are better off attending and just protesting in the stands like banners. Alternative is for a mass walk out in front of skys cameras yes they paid for the tickets but something that visual would get noticed and kroenke would see it.

*sorry for the wall of text, there is a few commas/full stops ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Re Arsenal's finances, there's a theory that Arsenal need to keep their cash levels up because of loans Kroenke has or will take out over in the US. He's in the process of financing the most expensive stadium of all time and people are speculating that his shareholding in Arsenal may be used as security on that. Possible terms of that agreement could be linked to Arsenal's cash balance.

The Glazer's had a similar thing in place some years ago where some of their personal borrowings (to buy Utd) were secured against their shares and the interest rate charged was dependent on the state of their balance sheet.

A similar deal for Kroenke would go a long way to explaining why Arsenal have kept their cash balance so high.

Good read that, but this also highlights the difference between glazers/kroenke yes man u have not been as successful as when Fergie was there but they have tried different managers with transfer backing and show some sort of interest in the team. Kroenke doesn't show anything apart from where you look at arsenals finances he takes his 3 million fees :mad:

Don
OP
Good read that, but this also highlights the difference between glazers/kroenke yes man u have not been as successful as when Fergie was there but they have tried different managers with transfer backing and show some sort of interest in the team. Kroenke doesn't show anything apart from where you look at arsenals finances he takes his 3 million fees :mad:

The Glazers tried different managers and found their wallet when Utd fell out of the CL. They don't care about the team, they care about Man Utd making money. If Wenger misses out on the CL again he'll be gone but for the time being Kroenke see's Wenger has his safest bet to get back into the CL without spending £150m.

Associate

Yeah i've heard about that, he wants a 1 billion dollar loan, and the stadium could cost up to 3 billion! mental, he also bought a area of land bigger than Birmingham that has housed hundreds of families over 160yrs, he told them they got to get off his land, he paid 750 million dollars for that.

Associate
The Glazers tried different managers and found their wallet when Utd fell out of the CL. They don't care about the team, they care about Man Utd making money. If Wenger misses out on the CL again he'll be gone but for the time being Kroenke see's Wenger has his safest bet to get back into the CL without spending £150m.
Problem there is i dont think he wants to spend any of his own money, even if we bought lemar, 92 million sold sanchez and the ox 100 million , still made 8 million.

Don
OP
Practically no owners spend their money, they spend the money the clubs generate. As long as he believes Wenger's the best/most efficient person to get Arsenal back into the CL then Wenger's safe. If and when it looks unlikely that Wenger can, then he'll make a change or loosen the purse strings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom