Arsenal FC - A complete shambles. What needs to change? *Please read OP before posting*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don
OP
Ok, we're no longer discussing what this thread was set up for. Wenger's now signed his contract and there's no sign of the board or structure of the club changing. I'll give you until Sunday to finish discussing the rights and wrongs of Wenger staying and then this thread is being closed.

Soldato
I'm happy Wenger is still there, seems the logical choice if there's no suitable replacement.

Just hope we get some decent funds to spend to strengthen the squad up.

Let's see how serious Stan is about winning the PL and turning the club around. . .

Caporegime
Why does everyone say there is no replacement available. We offer anyone the money Wenger is on and I doubt many would reject it.
Exactly, I don't think there would be any shortages of managers wanting to take the job.
But it's all to do with continuity ie with Wenger we fool ourselves into challenging for trophies and titles but really we just make more money for the board. Without Wenger in charge, there is no guarantee that we would make as much money as we do now. Wenger isn't just a manager, he's a very astute economics manager.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
But are they going to be any good? We don't want David Moyes for example. But someone credible like Pep would be fine but they seem hard to come by.
And even he did not do any better than Wenger. Lol. But to be fair let's give him another season or two and see what he does with all that Arab money :p

Caporegime
But are they going to be any good? We don't want David Moyes for example. But someone credible like Pep would be fine but they seem hard to come by.
Well that remains to be seen, I mean I'm not saying we should get any manager. We need a manager who is able to win titles, wouldn't have minded Tuchel, who has left Dortmund iirc a few days ago.

But then the fear is that under a new manager we could tank even harder. So I guess staying with Wenger is comfortable in that we will finish at the very least in the top 4. But I don't think that should be the sole reason why we should stick with Wenger though. But decision has been made and I'll respect it. Just hope that next season we really do make a proper challenge for the title.

Soldato
Well that remains to be seen, I mean I'm not saying we should get any manager. We need a manager who is able to win titles, wouldn't have minded Tuchel, who has left Dortmund iirc a few days ago.

But then the fear is that under a new manager we could tank even harder. So I guess staying with Wenger is comfortable in that we will finish at the very least in the top 4. But I don't think that should be the sole reason why we should stick with Wenger though. But decision has been made and I'll respect it. Just hope that next season we really do make a proper challenge for the title.

I don't think you'd of wanted Tuchel, he fell out with like everyone, he was also so controlling that apparently he demanded to know what the players ate down to the last strawberry. :/

Don
OP
Thread reopened to discuss the Wenger/Kroenke situation only.

Do not post spoilers or specific game talk in here and do not turn this into a transfer thread. I understand there will be some overlap but any post where the main point is transfer related will be deleted and sanctioned as per the OP as will any post that could be interpreted as a spoiler.

Soldato
Read this earlier and was going to post but thought 'whats the point' as it's not really anything new.

He would've saved a lot of face by just retiring and put his feet up.

Don
OP
@BaZ87

Hi

Reading your post above, are you saying we can only talk about Wenger/Kroenke only, what about general player talk?

Thank's
General chit chat about minor issues, whether that be players, injuries, tactics or new sponsorship agreements go in the general Arsenal thread. Any larger issues, such as discussion around the ownership, structure of the club and managers future need to have their own separate thread, which is why this thread was created for that.

Just so everything is clear:

1. If your post is just general chit chat = Arsenal thread.
2. If it's related to the issues around the ownership and manager = this thread.
3. Transfer talk = transfer thread.
4. Discussion relating to specific matches = weekend/midweek spoilers threads.
5. If it's a new, large topic = start a new separate thread.

Soldato
General chit chat about minor issues, whether that be players, injuries, tactics or new sponsorship agreements go in the general Arsenal thread. Any larger issues, such as discussion around the ownership, structure of the club and managers future need to have their own separate thread, which is why this thread was created for that.

Just so everything is clear:

1. If your post is just general chit chat = Arsenal thread.
2. If it's related to the issues around the ownership and manager = this thread.
3. Transfer talk = transfer thread.
4. Discussion relating to specific matches = weekend/midweek spoilers threads.
5. If it's a new, large topic = start a new separate thread.

:oSorry I thought this was the Arsenal club thread, never realised there was another thread, just thought someone had changed the thread title.

Associate
I still think there is obvious managers who could do a decent job like tuchel or simeone, or like when wenger joined us some left field character.

I'd like simeone because his teams have a solid base and attack really well with precision forward passes generally not sideways tippy tappy. Plus he is abit of a character some of the soft passenger players wouldn't want to stay around that hence dead wood gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom