Ashes Cricket 2009

after playing the demo its much better than 05 and 07. I really cant wait for the 7th of aug to get this !!!!!!!!!

I played the demo and I wasn't blown away but its got potential. The real appeal that its got live.

I played the demo and I wasn't blown away but its got potential. The real appeal that its got live.

Exxactly what i thought as well although the live bit doesnt really interest me...but having played the demo last night for a quick 10 mins...i thought it was much much better than the last BL game...that was absolutely dire especially the catching bit...where you needed to have super reflexes in order to catch the ball.

Probably pick this up when its released...trade in my old BL 2007 game against it.

My wife's been after a cricket game for the Wii since we got it 2.5 years ago, so I'll be getting this.

I strongly suspect that it won't actually be very good though, probably some contrived control system and we'll get bored of it after a week.

Its an ok game, not as good as Brian Lara cricket (can't for the life of me remember which year that one was). The graphics are okish and the gameplay is decent, expected a bit better tbh. The Live feature sounds good and should be a good laugh playing with mates I suppose. I'll probably still end up buying it though as there aren't really any other good cricket games out.

Anyone bought this game yet? Some of the major retailers are now advertising it as available, tempted to order it if its £35.

i got mine delivered this morning, and its a lot of fun! played one ashes test match so far which ive won, i've unlocked 6x4 and 6x6 achievements

Nice - whats the game play like? If the bowlings better than BL07 then im getting it, as BL07 was a nightmare. You could take 10 wickets in 10 balls lol ..

Anyone bought this game yet? Some of the major retailers are now advertising it as available, tempted to order it if its £35.
Really ??? could you PM the which stores thanks :D. Been waiting ages for a cricket game

Nice - whats the game play like? If the bowlings better than BL07 then im getting it, as BL07 was a nightmare. You could take 10 wickets in 10 balls lol ..

i never played BL07 so i can't compare. i found the tutorials boring but worth doing as it tells u a lot about where the ball needs to be pitched etc. i can take wickets left right and center with spin ballers, less so with fast bowlers. I got 533-6 in one innings but then i declared. didn't know there was an achievement for 600 runs :(. i also managed 167 runs with a single batsman, this is all on easy btw.

Just had mine despatched this morning so looking forward to getting it tommorrow and giving it a go...from the demo it looked pretty decent...at least the catching was much easier compared to the last one which was diabolical when it came to catching.

I've been enjoying the demo, so might get this. Am I missing something though? Do you control the fielders at all or is it just all automatic

I've been enjoying the demo, so might get this. Am I missing something though? Do you control the fielders at all or is it just all automatic

You control the positions of all the fielders when either batsman is on strike. If the ball is airbourne and near a fielder it will trigger the catch mechanic of which you decide if its catch or drop depending on your timing of the catch and when a fielder has the ball afters its grounded you control which end he will throw to e.g. throw to the end the slower batsman is running to ;)

Back
Top Bottom