Ashes Cricket 2009

You control the positions of all the fielders when either batsman is on strike. If the ball is airbourne and near a fielder it will trigger the catch mechanic of which you decide if its catch or drop depending on your timing of the catch and when a fielder has the ball afters its grounded you control which end he will throw to e.g. throw to the end the slower batsman is running to ;)

Ah, I knew that, was kinda hopeing there would be more though, although I understand it probably making it that way probably would have made it too complex.

Ah, I knew that, was kinda hopeing there would be more though, although I understand it probably making it that way probably would have made it too complex.

You can be the wicket keeper if you play with two users on one side but being just a fielder wouldnt make sense for lack of gameplay (you'll know the feeling if you've been a fielder for a whole day IRL)

Looks like a decent enough game...question is...should I get it for the Wii or the PS3 ??

The WII version looks like a right laugh...if i had a WII id get one for sure but i ordered my copy for the 360...really looking forward to playing it later...sadly ill have to think of a way of getting my nephew whos currently hooked on playing crash of the titans on it lol.

No its not motion+ i dont think. That's why ive gone for it on ps3 instead. Sat at home waiting for me.

so...is it practically the same as BLC07 on the 360? I hated that game!

More or less but they have fixed a few glaring bugs that were in BL07 namely the stupid hard catching system.

I havent really had a chance to play, been going through the legends tutorial which is pretty interesting...played a quick 20/20 game but couldnt complete it but to me it seems pretty good.

Had a little go on this over at cousins house on the PS3. Have to say the gfx in these cricket games doesn't seem to be improving much, looked really bland and just too plain. From what I remember not much better then the previous BL.

For such a slow paced game it should have awesome gfx :p

Much much better than BL for me, bowling is quite tough and the batting is pretty good. Catching gets easier after a while.

Best cricket game i've played. If you want graphics play a different game, if you want a decent cricket game get this!

Does this accurately simulate an England middle order collapse?

Yes. Either that or I suck.

I got it today...it seems a bit better than BLC07...although I don't like the batting and bowling animations. The bowler run up doesn't look right, and the player movement isn't very life-like....Also the camera is just stupid...I hate the way it zooms in when a ball is bowled, puts you right off.

I still think EA's offering, Cricket 2007 is still a better game, even though it's dated the player movement is much more fluid and intelligent..

Also is it me or is bowling spin incredibly difficult? No matter where you pitch it or which way you spin it, you get smashed all over the place lol..

Another thing, the sounds...they are not realistic. The sound bowling someone clean sounds nothing like it does in real life and also the sound of the bat hitting the ball sounds a bit weird too..or is it just me?

what i dont like is that you dont get a sence off speed from bowling fast balls as soon as you bowl a bouncer they just wake it for 6,and you cant hert the batsman with a good ball not very realistic at all very disapointed.

line and lenths dont look right at all looks like u bowling full all the time to me.

If anyone wants a game of 20/20 on 360, add me Metalface Mark.

I think it looks great as a 20/20 game, but crickets too long to translate well to a video game, 20/20 though seems just about perfect. Like all cricket games its too temping to go for the hit every time, and its hard to distinguish between a ball that you should hit, or a defensive ball you shouldnt.

Back
Top Bottom