• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Soldato
The Gigabyte one that cost about £800 and was limited run? Not really a selling point if you don't have money to burn and a need for every high end feature.

Those fans are awful, usually cheap ball bearing fans, and they are another unnecessary point of failure. All they needed was a larger passive heatsink, instead of a tiny heatsink and a tiny annoying fan. Justifying it with "after a minute of grinding noise as my fan continues to it's eventual early failure, it turns off as long as I don't use the chipset too much" isn't really what I consider adequate for a motherboard that should get years of service.

The problem with the X570 Taichi is the fan & bios are where the GPU presses the motherboard shroud. If you remove the GPU there is no growling noise even on boot. I have tested it. And I have reference cooler with the 5700XT AE. So hot air doesn't flow to the BIOS. If i use any other GPU the chipset would be overheating.
Thats why I say the MSI cards have better layout.

Soldato
The problem with the X570 Taichi is the fan & bios are where the GPU presses the motherboard shroud. If you remove the GPU there is no growling noise even on boot. I have tested it. And I have reference cooler with the 5700XT AE. So hot air doesn't flow to the BIOS. If i use any other GPU the chipset would be overheating.
Thats why I say the MSI cards have better layout.

So you have to give up better cooling on the GPU in order to not overheat the chipset and have the chipset fan come into play? Again, not really a selling point (to me). Even your standard reference 5700 doesn't fit properly in the motherboard without fouling the chipset fan shroud, and it seems the fan underneath. That's the sort of thing that should never have got as far as a retail product.

Associate
I have the X570 taichi bought on release.
The fan ONLY makes a noticeable noise if on full speed.
I have it set to performance mode not max. temp difference between the 2 settings is about 2°C
It does not make any grinding noise at any point.
I have a 1080Ti fitted and am not aware of it touching the shroud.
Until the 3950X came along in Cinebench I was I believe for Ryzen 2nd in multicore score and joint top score for Single core.

Membench score of 98.33

Aida 64 cache and memory test.
Read 59993 MB/s
Write 58679 MB/s
Copy 61606 MB/s
Latency 63.7 ns

I am running 1900 fabric clock rock solid.

Now I am not claiming any of my scores above are the best but they are pretty damn good. A world away from some of you trying to claim its the worst motherboard ever.

I think some of you either dont know or cannot comprehend that you have just lost the silicone lottery on the cpu.
Yes the chipset could have been situated or cooled better but even with my 1080Ti blowing on it it stays in spec.
I lived through and suffered whiny chipset and graphics card fans in the past and the Taichi in my experience is NOT one.

As for the Dram calculator I suggest some of you go read the "how to use" guide first.
It advises you which settings to try first for stability.
And if you do not enter every setting then do not expect it to work. Even then be prepared to experiment to achieve full stability.
Think of it as a get me close guide not a perfect setting for all.
I see some people choose the wrong options to enter then complain it wont work and blame the program.

As for the 5700 fouling the motherboard whose fault is that Asrocks or the 5700 design?

Drama queens... more effort into learning & solving your problems goes a long way.

OcUK Staff
In the beginning the board wouldn't accept XMP settings and getting your 8 PACK 3600 RAM to run at stock, required manual entry of timings with SoC 1.1v. Subsequent BIOS's have added functionality and changes to PBO etc plus AGESA's as Minstadave says. I've always had to tweak SoC on every BIOS. We knew for early adopters the BIOS were immature and subsequent BIOS's would bring stability etc so I updated from BIOS's where I was using temp fixes to get it stable. But the last BIOS has introduced the BIOS not loading and loading default. I've fixed it now by bumping the SOC further.

I did 20+ bundles with this board and several systems did not see any of this. CPU is very important imc wise, fabric wise etc etc....

OcUK Staff
I have the X570 taichi bought on release.
The fan ONLY makes a noticeable noise if on full speed.
I have it set to performance mode not max. temp difference between the 2 settings is about 2°C
It does not make any grinding noise at any point.
I have a 1080Ti fitted and am not aware of it touching the shroud.
Until the 3950X came along in Cinebench I was I believe for Ryzen 2nd in multicore score and joint top score for Single core.

Membench score of 98.33

Aida 64 cache and memory test.
Read 59993 MB/s
Write 58679 MB/s
Copy 61606 MB/s
Latency 63.7 ns

I am running 1900 fabric clock rock solid.

Now I am not claiming any of my scores above are the best but they are pretty damn good. A world away from some of you trying to claim its the worst motherboard ever.

I think some of you either dont know or cannot comprehend that you have just lost the silicone lottery on the cpu.
Yes the chipset could have been situated or cooled better but even with my 1080Ti blowing on it it stays in spec.
I lived through and suffered whiny chipset and graphics card fans in the past and the Taichi in my experience is NOT one.

As for the Dram calculator I suggest some of you go read the "how to use" guide first.
It advises you which settings to try first for stability.
And if you do not enter every setting then do not expect it to work. Even then be prepared to experiment to achieve full stability.
Think of it as a get me close guide not a perfect setting for all.
I see some people choose the wrong options to enter then complain it wont work and blame the program.

As for the 5700 fouling the motherboard whose fault is that Asrocks or the 5700 design?

Drama queens... more effort into learning & solving your problems goes a long way.
This is exactly correct..... Between all the skus we tested hundreds.... To expect every one to do certain memory clocks, timings, fabric locks timings etc...

I have some oem ones we binned for all amd ryzan 3xxx sku. I think Gibbo will list them soon. Lottery removed...

Soldato
I think it's fair to expect to be able to load the XMP settings from the RAM that it is rated at (8PACK 3600Mhz TEAM DArk Pro), no overclocking it further, CPU @ stock (Though I am moving the IF to 1800Mhz for 1:1 ratio so that could be counted as overclocking CPU) and the motherboard should be stable without fettling. At the beginning of this thread 8PACK suggests adjusting SoC to 1.1v on early BIOS's to get it stable. A setting I have never needed to use before.

You shouldn't need to be a RAM settings guru to achieve stability with using rated RAM settings and CPU @ default. Again mine isn't this particular board but the cheaper - phantom Gaming 4. I'm not overclocking the RAM just loading XMP. I moved it all back to stock from having SoC @ 1.11v and DRAM @ 1.4v and it has been more stable but again last night it looped the BIOS loading and loaded default settings.

Do all other manufacturers of X570 boards require BIOS fettling to get XMP RAM settings and stock CPU settings stable? I have no interest in tuning RAM and spending hours testing to get next to no difference in performance in games which is what I use the PC for. Hence why I bought 3600Mhz RAM and not the cheaper 3200Mhz set. So I didn't have to OC the 3200Mhz set.

Fine, people want to play with settings to go benching but I'd rather watch paint stay wet than spend time doing that getting a stable PC. Not my idea of fun. Fine if I was aiming higher RAm frequency, IF and tighter timings but as a gamer - it wont make much difference to me and it seems people on ASROCK boards (not just the Taichi) are suffering similar issues. Not everyone, bit like not everyones 20180ti suffered artifacting and failed cards, but some did.

So experts, what settings/s can I try to just get my 3600Mhz rated RAM loaded @ XMP and my 3800X set at default to be stable?

Soldato
Mine worked fine at 3,600 1:1 IF, XMP only no fettling involved :)

I'm not sure it's the RAM as such as much as it's the MOBO as people are suggesting - seems these issues are common on the ASROCK boards

I have the same ram. Was fine, once I put it in the right slots on my MB!

Yeah I got it in the correct slots. Different board from the TAichi but others in the thread have mentioned same behaviour on the Taichi.

Associate
Dunno what all the fuss is, put my 3800x Into my Taichi, put my gskill 3600mhz c16 ram to auto, detected all the settings perfectly, slapped in 3 nvme drives and a 5700x Red Devil and I don't hear the motherboard fan, and not had any issues with the setup.

Soldato
I'm not sure it's the RAM as such as much as it's the MOBO as people are suggesting - seems these issues are common on the ASROCK boards

Rams fine the MB is fine it's the bios that's not so good. But then that's down to asrock to sort out, have you tried contacting them with your problem to see if they can offer any support?.

Soldato
Rams fine the MB is fine it's the bios that's not so good. But then that's down to asrock to sort out, have you tried contacting them with your problem to see if they can offer any support?.

No I haven't contacted ASROCK, it's not a major biggie only commented as it started happening with me and it was reported in this thread by others on the TAichi, it only happens on the odd restart or from starting the machine. If it was the BIOS I would have thought all ASROCK boards would suffer. If I wanted to spend the time no doubt I could tweak it out but I'm only using stock settings for RAM and CPU so it 'should' be plug n play. I'm not the most knowledgeable overclocker when it comes to RAM but I'm not overclocking it past what it's rated for. Ho hum

Man of Honour

Yeah I got it in the correct slots. Different board from the TAichi but others in the thread have mentioned same behaviour on the Taichi.
I meant to say I was using the Taichi X570 as well, worked first time, no messing, so unless there's some compatibility issues or maybe a faulty batch of boards, but not everyone is having problems?

As you know PCs are a royal pain when trying to troubleshoot and locate the source of the problem, too many variables including PEBKAC :p

Soldato
I meant to say I was using the Taichi X570 as well, worked first time, no messing, so unless there's some compatibility issues or maybe a faulty batch of boards, but not everyone is having problems?

As you know PCs are a royal pain when trying to troubleshoot and locate the source of the problem, too many variables including PEBKAC :p

Oh yeah don't get me wrong. I can wholeheartedly agree that there could be PEBKAC in there. But I guess that's what forums are for, to garner help from those more in the know to less in the know with ideas to try. Back to basics I think and start afresh with everything including GPU at stock.

Soldato
I'm quite surprised to see how popular ASRock is. Where I am no one even sell ASRock products so it's foreign to me, I just know they sell cheaper products than other brands

Permabanned
I have had this board from release, the only saving grace is I didn't pay the list price, the wrong price was honoured.

Never in my 20 years of building PC's have I had to mess around calculating timings, to this day my

And while I was typing this it blue screened!!

As I was saying, never in 20 years of building Pc's have I ever had to tweak memory timing just to get it to run at stock.

I am going to order a new board and I'm not even going to bother selling this one, it's going straight in the bin.

Soldato
I have had this board from release, the only saving grace is I didn't pay the list price, the wrong price was honoured.

Never in my 20 years of building PC's have I had to mess around calculating timings, to this day my

And while I was typing this it blue screened!!

As I was saying, never in 20 years of building Pc's have I ever had to tweak memory timing just to get it to run at stock.

I am going to order a new board and I'm not even going to bother selling this one, it's going straight in the bin.

Don't bin it give it me :p mines is probably worse

Back
Top Bottom