• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Associate
Anybody know what a code 8d error means? Updated to bios 2.80, rebooted, went into settings and set SB fan to "silent" mode, enabled XMP on memory, and on reboot it sat on an 8d code? Switched off power, back on and booted up fine - XMP profile and fan profile seem in place etc. Went back into bios settings, changed fan profile to a custom profile, rebooted - and 8d error again?

The manual doesn't list the code. Will see how things go.

Associate
Anybody know what a code 8d error means? Updated to bios 2.80, rebooted, went into settings and set SB fan to "silent" mode, enabled XMP on memory, and on reboot it sat on an 8d code? Switched off power, back on and booted up fine - XMP profile and fan profile seem in place etc. Went back into bios settings, changed fan profile to a custom profile, rebooted - and 8d error again?

It might be RAM related. Seen it quite a few times in earlier versions. If you find it keeps happening roll back to an earlier version.

Associate
It might be RAM related. Seen it quite a few times in earlier versions. If you find it keeps happening roll back to an earlier version.

I've run memtest86 overnight previously and not found any errors. Unless there's something different in this update. Doing some googling and lots of people reporting this error on various boards and configurations. Swapping out memory, changing settings and voltages etc don't seem to help. Causes a hang on booting occasionaly, but other times fine - which is what I was getting before with 2.70. 2.10 has been a lot better. If I get problems I'll probably revert back again.

Soldato

I get the same thing as well if I try and enable XMP profile it just won't boot with it. To be fair was having the having the same problem with the previous bios as well. Can boot at 3533mhz but 3600 just won't go. Fans just speed up and slow down, speed up and slow down etc until I switch off at the wall. Clearing the CMOS won't fix it either. Damn board is the worst I've had in over 16 years but at least its stopped screeching.

edit: bumped up the voltage to the max safe 1.4v that seems to have fixed it... for now

Last edited:
Soldato
Out of curiosity what chipset temps are people getting? I have an idle temp of around 50 deg with a load temp of around 70 deg. This is using HW monitor

Whilst folding for several hours mines sat at 58.

Not sure what idle is tbh.

CPU is toasty @81 though
GPU is 40.

Does go up a few degrees during day .

2.70 bios

Associate
Whilst folding for several hours mines sat at 58.

Not sure what idle is tbh.

CPU is toasty @81 though
GPU is 40.

Does go up a few degrees during day .

2.70 bios

My cpu and gpu are fine . I was woried about my southbridge(chipset) Underneath the little fan so coveniantly covered by the Gpu.

Associate
Out of curiosity what chipset temps are people getting? I have an idle temp of around 50 deg with a load temp of around 70 deg. This is using HW monitor

Idle or light desktop use mine usually sits around low to mid 50's. Currently at 60 but I have a custom fan profile, and a lot warmer today. When playing games it's usually in mid 70's. I do have the Radeon VII sat above the fan though which isn't helping. I've also changed the thermal pad to a thermal grizzly one, but it didn't change temps that I noticed. Really hope some aftermarket solution is sorted soon... although space is quite tight in that area, especially if you retain the cover plate.

OcUK Staff
I get the same thing as well if I try and enable XMP profile it just won't boot with it. To be fair was having the having the same problem with the previous bios as well. Can boot at 3533mhz but 3600 just won't go. Fans just speed up and slow down, speed up and slow down etc until I switch off at the wall. Clearing the CMOS won't fix it either. Damn board is the worst I've had in over 16 years but at least its stopped screeching.

edit: bumped up the voltage to the max safe 1.4v that seems to have fixed it... for now

It's pretty obvious your cpu does not like 3600mhz.... Run 3533mhz no issues..... Done... Most of the time these issues are absolutely nothing to do with the board just the cpu....

Who says 1.4v is the max safe?? Dear me 1.5v is totally fine.... No issue...

8d is RAM issue can't pass training.... This can be timings, frequency or Cpu limitation with the settings your trying to train....

Associate
It's pretty obvious your cpu does not like 3600mhz.... Run 3533mhz no issues..... Done... Most of the time these issues are absolutely nothing to do with the board just the cpu....

Who says 1.4v is the max safe?? Dear me 1.5v is totally fine.... No issue...

8d is RAM issue can't pass training.... This can be timings, frequency or Cpu limitation with the settings your trying to train....

I haven't had the 8d error on 2.10 with xmp on. Only started occuring on 2.80, and not all the time. I've got ram voltage up from 1.35 to 1.375 which so far seems to have sorted it. Using 8 pack branded memory.

Soldato
I haven't had the 8d error on 2.10 with xmp on. Only started occuring on 2.80, and not all the time. I've got ram voltage up from 1.35 to 1.375 which so far seems to have sorted it. Using 8 pack branded memory.

I read those issues with 8d error also elsewhere. Thats the reason sticking to 2.73 beta bios which has been superb the last 5 months and very stable on extreme overclocking the 3600C16 to 3800C14.

Permabanned
I just can't get this board and the 8Paclk Teamgroup RAm stable at the quoted speed of 3200 MHz

I have tried all the settings DRAM calculator has suggested but is Blue Screens daily.

Back
Top Bottom