• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Soldato
Thinking of cancelling my Taichi misprice. The Aorus Elite has the same VRM just about and is £210 plus you get £30 steam vouchers with their promotion.

I could live without the third M2 slot and I dont use wifi. Is there anything else I'd lose?

I’m considering the same, the elite looks good for the money. But with the price mix up you’re only talking £242 vs £210 ignoring the steam code. Have you made a decision?

The supposed chipset fan issue on the Taichi is a bit concerning, but seems to only affect some.

Generally how do the BIOS from Gigabyte and ASRock compare? Hopefully 8pack can weigh in on this.

Caporegime
I’m considering the same, the elite looks good for the money. But with the price mix up you’re only talking £242 vs £210 ignoring the steam code. Have you made a decision?

The supposed chipset fan issue on the Taichi is a bit concerning, but seems to only affect some.

Generally how do the BIOS from Gigabyte and ASRock compare? Hopefully 8pack can weigh in on this.

The Taichi is one of the few T-Top boards, nearly everything else is daisy chain. I'd like to run 4x16GB so I'll probably stay with the Taichi.

Associate
My taichi is going pretty good with a 3600x, but I will say the fan whines a bit, but the 1.6 bios which I might add is very easy to flash adds the adjustability, under the sbridge fan section. you can take it all the way to 0 with the curve, I've set it to ramp up quite steeply at 60 degrees onwards and it just comes on a bit when gaming. It makes a noise but it's not bad, especially with headphones on

Soldato
My taichi is going pretty good with a 3600x, but I will say the fan whines a bit, but the 1.6 bios which I might add is very easy to flash adds the adjustability, under the sbridge fan section. you can take it all the way to 0 with the curve, I've set it to ramp up quite steeply at 60 degrees onwards and it just comes on a bit when gaming. It makes a noise but it's not bad, especially with headphones on

That’s reassuring.

@8 Pack I suppose it might come partly down to personal preference but I’m guessing from the thread title that you quite like the ASRock BIOS on the X570 Taichi?

Associate
I've tested this myself. My chipset, with the fan profile set to 'silent' idles around 50C and maxes out at 72C after an entire hour of looping 3DMark TimeSpy. My GPU is in the top slot and no issues here.

What's your GPU? Blower vs Open Air?

Back
Top Bottom