• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Associate
There appears to be a bug in the bios, not sure if anyone else can confirm (using the latest 1.60 bios). If you load your XMP profile and then change your ram speed, the IF frequency remains locked at the initial speed even though the ratio is set to auto (which should mean 1:1). I was using ryzen master to check the ratio

Edit: Also at stock settings, my 3600 was idling at 50c and hitting 90+ in prime 95. I'm now down to -200mV offset which seems to give reasonable temps
So I got a reply from AsRock regarding the issues I was having and they sent me a new bios to try out (1.65), will probably have to wait until tomorrow

Associate
I see in your sig that your board and CPU have turned up.
Everything work out ok for you..?

Got my 9900k up and running with the Aorus Master Z390 board. All cores at 5Ghz. Seems fine.
Yeah I got the mobo on Sat and the CPU yesterday. Everything is running great, cores hitting 4.5ghz as advertised, and I managed to OC all cores to 4.45Ghz stable pretty easy :) didn't have time to do a lot of testing since I had to install Windows fresh,

To be honest when I considered the 9900K, I had in mind the same board lol

Soldato
Looks like we both got a good result then in the end :)

Overall did the install go as expected..?
I decided to reinstall Windows, forgot how much I disliked doing that. It is the time to configure everything afterwards that takes time.

The 9900k seems to run well at 5Ghz across all cores but you do need to keep it cool. Be handy in the winter :)

It's actually not that bad, only very toasty when running stress tests. What I have found that it runs at 5Ghz across all cores in Cities Skylines, for example, but the loading is very low, even compared to my 6700k.

One day I might try out an AIO, seen your sig, just too concerned of waking up one morning to find something wet and moist on top of my GPU...!

Associate
Looks like we both got a good result then in the end :)

Overall did the install go as expected..?
I decided to reinstall Windows, forgot how much I disliked doing that. It is the time to configure everything afterwards that takes time.

The 9900k seems to run well at 5Ghz across all cores but you do need to keep it cool. Be handy in the winter :)

It's actually not that bad, only very toasty when running stress tests. What I have found that it runs at 5Ghz across all cores in Cities Skylines, for example, but the loading is very low, even compared to my 6700k.

One day I might try out an AIO, seen your sig, just too concerned of waking up one morning to find something wet and moist on top of my GPU...!
I don't even worry about the AIO, I rather not sleep with fear haha

The install was a bit annoying. I have 2 NVMEs, 1 2.5 inch SSD, and 1 3.5 HDD. I was installing Windows nn 1 of the NVMEs but the software kept on using the 2.5inch as a boot/system reserved partition, and the rest of the system on the 960 Evo which is what I was selecting. It did that like 3 times, so I ended up disconnecting all the drives, and installing W10 with only the 960 Evo plugged in. Once it was over and set up properly I connected the rest back.

Soldato
The positioning of the NVME slots are annoying on this motherboard (Z390) as the first one is right underneath where the GPU goes and the CPU cooler tower covers. I hadn't realised that by plugging in my NVME drive it would disable two SATA ports as well. Grrrr.

I temporarily gave up with the NVME and just used a SSD drive, in practical terms there is not difference.

Do your NVME ports disable any SATA ports on that board...?

Real men do not read manuals :D

Associate
The positioning of the NVME slots are annoying on this motherboard (Z390) as the first one is right underneath where the GPU goes and the CPU cooler tower covers. I hadn't realised that by plugging in my NVME drive it would disable two SATA ports as well. Grrrr.

I temporarily gave up with the NVME and just used a SSD drive, in practical terms there is not difference.

Do your NVME ports disable any SATA ports on that board...?

Real men do not read manuals :D
In my old Z270E the primary one was the bottom one, and the 2nd right under the CPU. The X570 Taichi has 3, and the order is 1-3 from top to bottom. As far as I read only the 3rd slot disables 1 of the 8 ports. In my Strix I think each NVME disabled 2 ports and it had 6.

Back
Top Bottom