Assassin's Creed Origins

Soldato
Don’t like the new combat mechanics so far but giving it time only a hour in. Hate using the bumpers and trigger for block and strike compared to using buttons.

Arrows from a distance are your friend as are stealth kills, fire bombs are pretty overpowered as well. If you're up against more than 3 in close combat then it's often better to run away early on. Later in the game you get weapons that make life a lot easier due to perks like "health on kill" or that poison/burn on hit.

Caporegime
Liking it so far apart from combat which is dreadful, worse than the block counter of old and the map. The map is just apauling. You can’t zoom in enough and why can’t I leave the map with the preferences I want and not have them default back every single time. Also the hud is sometimes hard to follow because it’s white and doesn’t stand out enough.

The size of the game is a bit daunting and I do miss the other money making abilities of old where you sent ships/assassins off.

Soldato
I know technically this isn't as good as say W3, but this game has held my interest much longer. I'm something like 35hrs in now. Me and a couple others I know couldn't get past about 12hrs on W3 release.

It's a great come back imo, and I intend to see it through to the end.

Soldato
I know technically this isn't as good as say W3, but this game has held my interest much longer. I'm something like 35hrs in now. Me and a couple others I know couldn't get past about 12hrs on W3 release.

It's a great come back imo, and I intend to see it through to the end.

I've found the opposite, I ended up putting about 130 hours into Witcher 3 and I think I'm on about 35 hours for AC:O. I like it, but something just makes me want to turn it off after doing a quest or two. I've got back into it a bit since upgrading to the Xbox One X as it looks and plays much better on it.

Soldato
Got this with my Seagate HDD purchase, DS3 and TW3 come first in the list.

Heard good reviews and it looks stunning.

Snap so did i, i guess you're playing the PC version though like me? Not really played it much though as i have a massive backlog but i played it long enough to see that it was testing the hell out of my 1060.

Soldato
Got this for Christmas, and first impressions weren't great :(

Firstly - lazy lazy devs, what happened to kicking open a loot-able item, or at the very least, the character interacting with them? Most of the time all you get in Origins is a weird set of magic stars appearing, like you've just picked up something in Mario Kart! Same goes for skinning an animal - nothing! Just these odd golden stars!

There was a post a while ago about how Dead Rising 4 is missing huge chunks of environmental interaction, compared to DR 1 - and it's sad to see that this new AC has fallen foul as well. Considering how many reviews I have heard saying that this is game is a great boost to the ailing series. I appreciate that this is probably a non issue for some, but it certainly takes away a level of feeling form the game for me :(

Next, there was the dumb (and ongoing) issues with the UI: I like to turn it off in these games, so that you spend more time looking at the great environments, and not a waypoint/mini map - so I did this before playing; only to find that on emerging from the first area, I had a yellow diamond on some guy sat on a camel - but no way to get onto it with him! I thought I'd be riding shotgun, as the dialogue suggested I had a camel myself, but it wasn't to be seen - I assumed it had buggered off during this bloke's battle with some guards.

Low and behold, yet another lazy dev thing - turning off the UI also turns off the initial helpful messages, so I hadn't actually seen the prompt telling me to hold a D pad arrow down to call the damn animal! Same issue with whistle or some other D pad control.

Yes yes, the latter moan is a bit of a senior moment in some ways, but surely, turning off a UI should go hiding the tips on how to play the game :confused: It's certainly a first to me.

I've put in a few more hours, and I guess it's slowly getting more appealing, but at the same time - it feels even more rinse and repeat than previous games in the series.

Soldato
Liking it so far apart from combat which is dreadful, worse than the block counter of old and the map. The map is just apauling. You can’t zoom in enough and why can’t I leave the map with the preferences I want and not have them default back every single time. Also the hud is sometimes hard to follow because it’s white and doesn’t stand out enough.

The size of the game is a bit daunting and I do miss the other money making abilities of old where you sent ships/assassins off.

Agreed. Worse AC to date imo.

Soldato
Agreed. Worse AC to date imo.

Starting to lean this way now - had a very wtf moment last night:

Sneaking up (in the dark) on a group of targets, hiding in a bush near a river I managed to predator bow one - then waited as the others walked towards me (no idea how they knew where to go - 'stealth' fail here!). Decided to use the tripe arrow bow to take a few down, and then the sword for the rest - during this combat a hippo decided to join in - and promptly ignored 4-5 enemies right next to him; and made a beeline for me!

Quite **** I thought, firstly the weird heightened senses rendered my bush hiding pretty useless after the first shot, and secondly - does the wildlife actually attack others, or is this more lazy dev work and they only go for the player.

Turned it off after this, and very nearly put Unity in instead :D

Back
Top Bottom