Assassin's Creed Syndicate thread.

Soldato
Assassin's Creed Syndicate on Steam. Is this game played on Steam or does it go through Uplay site? I can't stand Uplay. Would rather it be Steam.

Anyone looking forward to this? I'll be buying. But hope it's through Steam?

Soldato
I'm sort-of looking forward to it.

On one hand the Victorian England setting seems very interesting and from the videos and screenshots they've released it could be great. On the other hand, I can't remember the last AC game for the PC that didn't require around 3 months of patches to get it into a playable state. Also, Unity was very average in comparison to Black Flag.

Associate
Assassins Creed is turning into CoD. They make a new game every year yet it's pretty much the same as the last one.

I bought Unity and well that turned out to be garbage, pretty game but eh.

I'll give this one a miss.

Soldato
OP
I really liked Unity. I was one of the PC users where it worked perfect for me. I didn't like Blackflag very much. I found the pirate ship open world a bit too much. I think that's why I like Unity more. None of that useless pirate ship nonsense.

Soldato
I actually really liked the first two, Revelations and Brotherhood were just busywork and three was poor so i'm really not going to be bothering with this.

Ubi need to sit down and try to decide what makes the series fun and stick to that. It just seems to be Afaffin's Creed nowadays.

Associate
I be waiting a month or two after release date, give them time to fix the game from any bugs and glitches.

It's sad that the above is a legitimate reason for holding off on this one; gaming has to be the only industry where companies can release unfinished products and get away with it.

Won't be buying this myself until it's on sale, maybe not even then if the reviews aren't great.

Underboss
I was going to buy this, thought I'd load up AC: Black Flag and have a run through, thinking after neigh on 2 years it would be working fine.

Nope still a stuttery, laggy mess.

Puts me off any AC/Ubi title. Hoping for different this time around but I won't be getting it for a good few months until the bugs and ironed out / or not depending on Ubi.

Associate
There was such a hoo-ha upon the release of the previous one. I hope there is someone in UB who has recognised this and will make sure that this one plays well.. I just don't see the point of developers working so hard on a game only to have it plagued by issues when released.. makes no sense.

Soldato
Have it pre-ordered. Like a total Spanner I was going to use it to bridge the gap until FO4. Only realised after pre-ordering was I looking at the console release date :(

Admittedly I proffered Black Flag and Rogue over Unity. But this one does look some what more promising.

Associate
Have it pre-ordered. Like a total Spanner I was going to use it to bridge the gap until FO4. Only realised after pre-ordering was I looking at the console release date :(

Admittedly I proffered Black Flag and Rogue over Unity. But this one does look some what more promising.

What is the point in pre-ordering any digital game?

Soldato
What is the point in pre-ordering any digital game?

Admittedly in this case I grabbed it from CDkeys which usually increases the price as it gets closer to release date, so feel like I am making a saving, if it is only a quid or so :D That and as I mentioned I totally missed the release date for the PC being later.

Back
Top Bottom