Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Caporegime
This thread has given me the nudge to buy Origins as I missed it and went straight to Odyssey, which itself is a 9/10 game for me. Nov 10th release date should give me enough time to finish it before the Valhalla release :)

Man of Honour
Should be in for a treat as I thought Origins was great and Odyssey was too long and drawn out.

Agreed. Origins was on the whole better, although Odyssey did a few things really well. The worst aspect of Odyssey for me was grinding materials where Ubisoft were clearly trying to push people to pay money in their store. Origins DLC was better too.

Man of Honour
Atlantis was beautiful and they tried to do a few things differently. On the whole the DLC has been quite repetitive though which is why I’m leaning more toward the standard edition this time.

Man of Honour
Atlantis was beautiful and they tried to do a few things differently. On the whole the DLC has been quite repetitive though which is why I’m leaning more toward the standard edition this time.

Yea I can see the logic in that. I enjoyed the Fate of Atlantis DLC for Odyssey and the Curse of the Pharoahs DLC for Origins, so I opted to use 100 uplay pts to get 20% off the Gold edition Valhalla and went for Gold, funnily enough preordering the Gold edition was worth 80 uplay points so in the end the 20% off only cost me 20 of my uplay points :)

Man of Honour
Yea I can see the logic in that. I enjoyed the Fate of Atlantis DLC for Odyssey and the Curse of the Pharoahs DLC for Origins, so I opted to use 100 uplay pts to get 20% off the Gold edition Valhalla and went for Gold, funnily enough preordering the Gold edition was worth 80 uplay points so in the end the 20% off only cost me 20 of my uplay points :)

I didn’t realise you could still do that. I’ll take a look, I have loads of points on there.

Associate
Agreed. Origins was on the whole better, although Odyssey did a few things really well. The worst aspect of Odyssey for me was grinding materials where Ubisoft were clearly trying to push people to pay money in their store. Origins DLC was better too.

Totally agreed on that part, it was very aggressive.

Still, I look forward to Valhalla as I am interested in the timeline.

Soldato
I'm expecting some artistic license with Valhalla, height has always been a thing in these titles and lets face it, England isnt exactly the most vertical of places, so I'm thinking the heights of some things will be exaggerated for effect :)

I'm guessing we'll also see the ruins of iron age forts, burial chambers of bronze age kings, something to do with King Arthur at some point, some sort of location to do with Boudicca and so on.

That's what killed AC3 for me. Go from climbing massive buildings in Italy to running through trees.

Man of Honour
That's what killed AC3 for me. Go from climbing massive buildings in Italy to running through trees.

Lots of people didn't like AC3, but I loved the wilderness, especially in the winter with the snow and blizzards. The forts were done really well too, some of them were actually challenging. Of course Black Flag followed soon after and AC3 was quickly forgotten :p

It is hard to imagine how they'll do the vertical element in England - we didn't exactly have many tall buildings, so I assume they'll make them appear larger than they were.

Soldato
Lots of people didn't like AC3, but I loved the wilderness, especially in the winter with the snow and blizzards. The forts were done really well too, some of them were actually challenging. Of course Black Flag followed soon after and AC3 was quickly forgotten :p

It is hard to imagine how they'll do the vertical element in England - we didn't exactly have many tall buildings, so I assume they'll make them appear larger than they were.

I think I just had a man crush on Ezio as a character :(

I'm sure they'll take a bit of a creative license but I'm struggling to see how it's going to match up to Odyssey. Even if that map was a little too big (i don't think it was but after almost 200 hours I still hadn't visited one of the smaller islands) I still felt compelled to explore it because of all the cool ancient greek sights

Man of Honour
I think I just had a man crush on Ezio as a character :(

I'm sure they'll take a bit of a creative license but I'm struggling to see how it's going to match up to Odyssey. Even if that map was a little too big (i don't think it was but after almost 200 hours I still hadn't visited one of the smaller islands) I still felt compelled to explore it because of all the cool ancient greek sights

I'd be interested to know what Greek players felt about that, whether or not because those sights are "common" to them it had much less of a draw. An American player or whatever, might have that extra bit of excitement of cool things like Stonehenge, olde English villages, King Arthur/Excalibur/Merlin etc, whereas to us its common and Stonehenge is..well...just Stonehenge /shrug

Man of Honour
I'd be interested to know what Greek players felt about that, whether or not because those sights are "common" to them it had much less of a draw. An American player or whatever, might have that extra bit of excitement of cool things like Stonehenge, olde English villages, King Arthur/Excalibur/Merlin etc, whereas to us its common and Stonehenge is..well...just Stonehenge /shrug

I assume Stonehenge is going to pretty pivotal in some way. It'll be like the Sphynx in Origins I suspect.

I am looking forward to see how they tie the King Arthur/Excalibur/Merlin lore into AC.

Man of Honour
I am looking forward to see how they tie the King Arthur/Excalibur/Merlin lore into AC.

I wouldnt be surprised if the King Arthur mythology forms one of the DLC. Could easily have Merlin being a member of one of the traditional AC factions, maybe have Excalibur being an Isu weapon, perhaps the Holy Grail is an apple of eden etc

Associate
I wouldnt be surprised if the King Arthur mythology forms one of the DLC. Could easily have Merlin being a member of one of the traditional AC factions, maybe have Excalibur being an Isu weapon, perhaps the Holy Grail is an apple of eden etc

Unlikely, King Arthur was supposedly 5th/6th century, against Saxon invaders. Vikings invaded late 8th century, so historically they cant meet...

Man of Honour
Unlikely, King Arthur was supposedly 5th/6th century, against Saxon invaders. Vikings invaded late 8th century, so historically they cant meet...

Some of the stuff in Origins was from before the time the game was set in, same with Odyssey. They could easily have a ruins of Camelot type area and have Arthur/Merlin etc as people who have had their lives artificially extended. After all, Pythagoras in AC Odyssey was from a long time before the game was set (circa 100 years before). Theres a lot of ways that they could fit the mythos of Camelot, Excalibur, Merlin, Mordred, Morgause and so forth into the game and easily explain the time difference within the "magical" aspects of AC.

Depends really what they want to do with the mythological side of things this time round (which were obviously EXTREMELY heavy mythology with the AC Origins Curse of the Pharoah expansion and with the Sphinx/Medusa/Cyclops/Minotaur etc in AC Odyssey)..if they decide to add in some mythological aspects, worldwide King Arthur is probably the number 1 thing that the people of the world think of when naming English Myths

Last edited:
Associate
Some of the stuff in Origins was from before the time the game was set in, same with Odyssey. They could easily have a ruins of Camelot type area and have Arthur/Merlin etc as people who have had their lives artificially extended. After all, Pythagoras in AC Odyssey was from a long time before the game was set (circa 100 years before). Theres a lot of ways that they could fit the mythos of Camelot, Excalibur, Merlin, Mordred, Morgause and so forth into the game and easily explain the time difference within the "magical" aspects of AC.

Depends really what they want to do with the mythological side of things this time round (which were obviously EXTREMELY heavy mythology with the AC Origins Curse of the Pharoah expansion and with the Sphinx/Medusa/Cyclops/Minotaur etc in AC Odyssey)..if they decide to add in some mythological aspects, worldwide King Arthur is probably the number 1 thing that the people of the world think of when naming English Myths

Maybe, but its viking based, more likely to be Norse god mythology, which is a lot better known

Back
Top Bottom