Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Man of Honour
"You always start in your settlement, and then you go out into the world – you go on a journey"

Curious...sort of sounds like a hub that you go out, do some missions and then return to, then go out and do some missions etc. Does this mean a move away from the traditional Ubisoft running around a gigantic map going to each ? on the map

Associate
"You always start in your settlement, and then you go out into the world – you go on a journey"

Curious...sort of sounds like a hub that you go out, do some missions and then return to, then go out and do some missions etc. Does this mean a move away from the traditional Ubisoft running around a gigantic map going to each ? on the map

I've always liked it when they've tried this in the past, building up your base through quest accomplishments like in
Assassin's Creed 2's Villa Auditore (Monteriggioni)
Assassin's Creed 3's Davenport Homestead
Black flag's Great Inagua hideout
It gives a sense of purpose.
With Origin's and Odyssey, you're running around solely to progress the storyline.

Soldato
I've never played an Assassins Creed game! Actually that's not quite true, I tried one years ago for 5 minutes and absolutely hated the main character and his stupid tracksuit and never gave it another chance.

I like vikings though, so might be tempted to get this if it's available for PS5 on launch, doubt my PC is up to it any more .

Soldato
You all probably read this and it's not really that inconvenient since you need to use the uPlay launcher anyway but part from being sold by UBISoft themselfs, it will only be sold at Epic too. So those that like all their games on Steam, sorry but not this time.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla Won't Launch on Steam, Is An Epic Games Store Exclusive
Ubisoft confirms that this year's big Assassin's Creed game will be exclusive to the Epic Games Store and Uplay.

Caporegime
I've never played an Assassins Creed game! Actually that's not quite true, I tried one years ago for 5 minutes and absolutely hated the main character and his stupid tracksuit and never gave it another chance.

Zoinks, you won't have even played the main part of the game in that case. Desmond is only in it sporadically.

Caporegime
Ubisoft confirms that this year's big Assassin's Creed game will be exclusive to the Epic Games Store and Uplay.

Even Epic Store is not too bad in this case, it just adds the game to the Uplay client and you don't ever have to use Epic again after that. Uplay is decent enough, I am a fan of it. Origin is the one I really can't be doing with which is why I've yet to try out the latest Star Wars game.

Soldato
I don't find Uplay bad, it doesn't give me any problems. On Epic, I only have Control and all the freebies I snagged from them. Not many problems with the launcher, just with their politics but I'll live with it. Of course I'd prefer to have everything in one place but it's not that big of a deal anyways.

Man of Honour
You all probably read this and it's not really that inconvenient since you need to use the uPlay launcher anyway but part from being sold by UBISoft themselfs, it will only be sold at Epic too. So those that like all their games on Steam, sorry but not this time.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla Won't Launch on Steam, Is An Epic Games Store Exclusive

You would have to be insane to not buy it on Uplay anyway, on Uplay you can get 20% off. Nobody else offers that on it, not Epic, not Steam. I only ever buy Ubisoft titles on Uplay because the 20% is too good to turn down.

Soldato
I don't find Uplay bad, it doesn't give me any problems. On Epic, I only have Control and all the freebies I snagged from them. Not many problems with the launcher, just with their politics but I'll live with it. Of course I'd prefer to have everything in one place but it's not that big of a deal anyways.

Not sure if you don't already but GoG Galaxy sorts that problem out. https://www.gog.com/galaxy

I'll be buying this one directly on Uplay. I've got all the others on Steam but I want my 20% off!

Soldato
I didn't really think about this but this is very close to Altair's time. I wonder how they'll approach myths and legends, I hope they won't drop them altogether.

Back
Top Bottom