Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Soldato
I was massively hyped for the Atlantis dlc until I realised it wasn’t ready post Odyssey’s release and they’d release it in boring episodic chunks (iirc). I was burnt out with the game by then and went off and started playing other stuff (RDR2 iirc).

The one thing Odyssey did get right was the mythical beasts exploration and lore. It didn’t fit the game but damn they nailed the implementation of it. I was terrified hunting Medusa due the terrific level design and build up.

Maybe we will see Norse mythology in Valhalla?

Soldato
I was massively hyped for the Atlantis dlc until I realised it wasn’t ready post Odyssey’s release and they’d release it in boring episodic chunks (iirc). I was burnt out with the game by then and went off and started playing other stuff (RDR2 iirc).

The one thing Odyssey did get right was the mythical beasts exploration and lore. It didn’t fit the game but damn they nailed the implementation of it. I was terrified hunting Medusa due the terrific level design and build up.

Maybe we will see Norse mythology in Valhalla?

That is a shame! The Atlantis worlds are so distinct and different from one another and the main world. Granted there is a lot of filler content like in main game, but also some real awesome places. Also while most dont like the stuff out the animus, the DLC really does blend things nicely with your own ingame story and the bits outside the animus IMO.

Soldato
I wonder if they'll do their own take on that big snake thing that was in God of War.

Jormungandr? I doubt the world serpent won't get at least a mention as it's a quite important part of the Norse mythology but fighting it would be a stretch because it's supposed to surround the entire Earth:p

I'm sure it will be featured in some form as it letting go of its tail is a sign of Ragnarok and it's a word you can bet to hear a few times in this game, I reckon. That and Valhalla:D

Origins mentioned a fair few deities that are more obscure to the general audience.

Soldato
That is a shame! The Atlantis worlds are so distinct and different from one another and the main world. Granted there is a lot of filler content like in main game, but also some real awesome places. Also while most dont like the stuff out the animus, the DLC really does blend things nicely with your own ingame story and the bits outside the animus IMO.
Speaking of the ingame story - did Atlantis finish up the modern day garbage that began with Origins? That pointless Layala bird I think her name was? I was one of the few that actually cared about the modern day Assassins vs Templar wars and was saddened to see it sidelined the way it was.

Soldato
Speaking of the ingame story - did Atlantis finish up the modern day garbage that began with Origins? That pointless Layala bird I think her name was? I was one of the few that actually cared about the modern day Assassins vs Templar wars and was saddened to see it sidelined the way it was.

Modern day stuff was still in there, but Atlantis DLC moved things along between each episode with Templar showing up. Nothing major happened as such though, but did give some insight. TBH the best bit was the ISU blending the story together through those modern day bits and ingame.

Soldato
Just saw the trailer.

The evil English monarchy oppressing the peace loving vikings?

That's some American level "We've come to liberate you!" story telling right there.

Man of Honour
Just saw the trailer.

The evil English monarchy oppressing the peace loving vikings?

That's some American level "We've come to liberate you!" story telling right there.

Oh I dont know, the American version would have the US Marines hooyahing their way across the Atlantic and killing all the raiding Vikings, then unifying the many many English tribes and kings under one banner and making them an American colony. :)

Associate
Good enough for me. I just binge watched Vikings (the whole thing) on Amazon over the past 4 weeks or so. A Marathon Binge. Loved it to bits.

Thing is. I've never played an Assassins Creed game in my life, on any platform. So I just ordered Origins from the rainforest (£10) to see how it works.

Xbox One X - yeah I know, but hey?, if you can't beat 'em? etc etc (and at least I can flog it on the bay if I don't like it)

No win. No loss.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm only half way through in Origins and I've been playing it for 6 months, next is Odyssey. By 2023 I might be ready for Valhalla.

Soldato
Layla is back in Valhalla.

I really wish they'd drop the modern day nonsense, I'm happy for the battle between the assassins and templars to be contained to the bit of history each particular AC game focuses on and I've never cared about Desmond, Layla or whichever other modern day characters they've chucked in. I've always found the modern day bits frustrating and jarring and just wanted to get back to the main part of the game.

Associate
I really wish they'd drop the modern day nonsense, I'm happy for the battle between the assassins and templars to be contained to the bit of history each particular AC game focuses on and I've never cared about Desmond, Layla or whichever other modern day characters they've chucked in. I've always found the modern day bits frustrating and jarring and just wanted to get back to the main part of the game.

Same I hate that modern rubbish, Totally breaks my immersion.

Soldato
Good enough for me. I just binge watched Vikings (the whole thing) on Amazon over the past 4 weeks or so. A Marathon Binge. Loved it to bits.

Thing is. I've never played an Assassins Creed game in my life, on any platform. So I just ordered Origins from the rainforest (£10) to see how it works.

Xbox One X - yeah I know, but hey?, if you can't beat 'em? etc etc (and at least I can flog it on the bay if I don't like it)

No win. No loss.

It's a fantastic game; if you're into history & mythology you'll love it. And it's a good version on the X as well, you'd not be getting much else on PC other than maybe 60 fps.

Associate
Cheers. It's out for delivery today so, depending how much I need to download, I could be playing tonight.

Not bothered about 60fps tbh. I'm quite happy with 30 and always have been, ever since the days of achieving that mighty goal with Crysis on the PC back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom