Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Soldato
Seen reduced FPS slightly around the settlement which has the snow blowing, but talking a couple of fps, nothing significant.

Fishing
The trophy “Good Catch!” requires you to catch every type of fish using the Fishing Line (killing the Fish with Melee or Explosives doesn’t count).

Frustrating, as I hate the fishing mechanics in this game. I'm stuck at 95%, just going through all the orlog players.

At least the patch now has my legendary animals displaying in the longhouse finally :)

Agreed, got all the armour (fully upgraded too), tatoo's, and settlement upgrades :cool:

Ahhh dang must be the fishing one then. Is there a in-game log or anything of which ones you captured with the line? I just arrow them which made life easy. Still not sure it will get me 5% but we shall see!

Soldato
After several attempts to kill a legendary Wolf along with three other Wolfs that joined in I decided to look on Youtube to see how best to do it.
I loaded one video and watched the player prancing round firing arrows & jabbing with a spear. The numerous comments were full of praise but they clearly had not noticed he was using cheats. Arrows were fixed at 7 no matter how many he fired, the ability meters were all yellow till he used one and then they went grey for one second and then turned yellow again.
Clearly he was using a trainer, nothing wrong with that for personal use, I use Wemod sometimes if I get stuck trying to kill a boss but I would not post a video of myself using it.

Soldato
I find with those challenges the perk which slows time a godsend when you dodge well is very powerful. While time slow dash up to them and lay down the pain. Personally was using dual longswords to go aggressive as it works well in this game. Then use that dive of valkyrie ability if you have it, stuns the smaller wolves.

Soldato
After several attempts to kill a legendary Wolf along with three other Wolfs that joined in I decided to look on Youtube to see how best to do it.
I loaded one video and watched the player prancing round firing arrows & jabbing with a spear. The numerous comments were full of praise but they clearly had not noticed he was using cheats. Arrows were fixed at 7 no matter how many he fired, the ability meters were all yellow till he used one and then they went grey for one second and then turned yellow again.
Clearly he was using a trainer, nothing wrong with that for personal use, I use Wemod sometimes if I get stuck trying to kill a boss but I would not post a video of myself using it.

Tbh I found that legendary animal one of the easiest. I struggled a lot with the one in Vinland and the bear that one shot me. Had to go back a lot later!

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Any general tips regarding the combat and your 'skills'? Its easy in the early part to just run in and hack about but this AC I want to actually use a skill - as always though theres loads in the bit where you spend your points.

Also for example you may have learned not far in a certain weapon is ideal to target - just probing for shared experience, I know I could sit all day and watch youtubers but thought would be better asking here while I was passing. :)

Soldato
Regarding skills, I branched out toward those that gave extra adrenaline bars as the benefit of those outweigh a lot of the 'smaller' passive skills I think.

Soldato
OP
I haven't played it in the past 3 weeks, have there been any performance patches in that time? HDR support any better?

I can't decide whether to go for this or Horizon Zero Dawn for my festive chill sessions now that Cyberpunk is out of the equation.

Soldato
I haven't played it in the past 3 weeks, have there been any performance patches in that time? HDR support any better?

I can't decide whether to go for this or Horizon Zero Dawn for my festive chill sessions now that Cyberpunk is out of the equation.
I would say HZD is a better game out of the two, completing the quests / exploring never felt like busywork and the different enemy types needing different approaches to dealing with them made the game more interesting / challenging throughout. I quite like what Ubisoft have done with Valhalla the little encounters you have are amusing but like most Ubisoft games every session is pretty much rinse / repeat of the last.

Associate
^ I'd echo PieEater's comments above, although I am enjoying Valhalla HZD is the better game. In fact it actually feels like a Ubisoft-style game done right in many respects.

Soldato
Anyone else get this?

Since the patch, whenever I load a game I am drunk for a minute or so? No idea why and it is distracting having things weave in and out of focus while trying to do something so mostly I just wait.

Also I have two skills which are sometimes there and sometimes not (I assume that they are for an expansion but appeared to me). They are on major off shoots from the centre and are at 2, 6 and 11 o'clock (if that makes sense) I can't remember what they were but I'm sure the bottom one was to automatically pick someone up when you assassinate them.

Soldato
I'm getting the drunk thing after loading from a save it appears to be a bug introduced from the recent 'yuletide' patch specifically if you take part in the drinking competition. It's pretty widely known if you Google the issue. If you fast travel or engage with an NPC it will clear.

Soldato
I think the combat is a bit more focused but still a bit floaty. I much prefer bow and assassinations if I can but it ends up a button mash when actual combat starts. However saying that the skills and abilities give a good variety of fun ways to dispose of folk.

Also I have finally started to find linen in chests!

Associate

I am getting both cyberpunk and valhalla for xmas for my 10 day lockdown after Israel, are they any good?

Back
Top Bottom