Assetto Corsa Competizione

Associate
two days until release whos hyped for this ?

https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/805550/Assetto_Corsa_Competizione/

£22 quid early access. looks good been waiting for a great car game for a while. those that play assetto corsa already know what a great game it is. high hopes for this.

release the 12th.
Me cant wait for this, offshore for another couple of weeks though, but with FIFA19 pre-ordered and Wreckfest bought, its going to be a great 3 weeks off!
Do you know if it supports VR?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I can't access the links.
When compared to the existing Asseto, what does it bring to the party? New graphics engine, new tracks, cars? Can you use any of the car sets that we bought with the existing version?

Caporegime
OP
I can't access the links.
When compared to the existing Asseto, what does it bring to the party? New graphics engine, new tracks, cars? Can you use any of the car sets that we bought with the existing version?

tracks

• Zolder
  • Monza
  • Brands Hatch
  • Silverstone
  • Circuit Paul Ricard
  • Misano
  • Spa-Francorchamps
  • Hungaroring
  • Nurburgring
  • Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya

Soldato
two days until release whos hyped for this ?
Looks good hopefully vr will be better implemented than in AC which was awful thats why I mainly play Project cars 2. Apparently from the beta it plays like AC but with better graphics.
Me cant wait for this, offshore for another couple of weeks though, but with FIFA19 pre-ordered and Wreckfest bought, its going to be a great 3 weeks off!
Do you know if it supports VR?
October update will have the vr patch.

Soldato
What made it awful for you, Dan?

As for ACC, I'm hoping modders don't take too long to figure things out. GT3 is great fun and offers brilliant racing, but the limited content is gonna get old real fast.
Other than that, looking forward to it.

Soldato
My issue is, it's GT3 GT3 GT3. We already have smatterings of GT3 in AC, mods galore and a much bigger game content wise. I'm not sure I get ACC at all. To me on the surface, it appears to be one series of racing geared towards online play.

Need to see more info and early thoughts before I buy another AC game.

Associate
My issue is, it's GT3 GT3 GT3. We already have smatterings of GT3 in AC, mods galore and a much bigger game content wise. I'm not sure I get ACC at all. To me on the surface, it appears to be one series of racing geared towards online play....
What's not to get. This is the official game of the Blancpain GT series. People will either like this focus and appreciate having one series represented to the highest detail possible or carry on with AC, PCARS2, R3E etc.

Personally looking forward to this although probably won't be buying until VR arrives in October, if everything goes to plan. Unless it supports triple screen out of the box in which case I may be tempted to check it out earlier.

Soldato
What's not to get. This is the official game of the Blancpain GT series. People will either like this focus and appreciate having one series represented to the highest detail possible or carry on with AC, PCARS2, R3E etc.

Personally looking forward to this although probably won't be buying until VR arrives in October, if everything goes to plan. Unless it supports triple screen out of the box in which case I may be tempted to check it out earlier.

It seems not enough people are getting this and are expecting multiple disciplines to be covered.

Soldato
What made it awful for you, Dan?

Ive just never got on with it to be honest, never got it to feel right or look right in vr. It might be something iam doing wrong but in vr it looks awful that's running everything on high with super sampling set to 2.0. Plus the controls don't always work right, one session they are fine then the next time I load it up the steering doesn't register etc and its a pain having to take my hmd off to look at the menus.

Soldato
I know what you mean. I wouldn't say it's awful, but I guess I'm just used to it and don't really mind. Either that, or I've managed to tweak it decently.
As for taking the HMD off, I just use the Oculus virtual desktop these days.

I used to have that device issue, but it's not reared it's head since switching to content manager a while back.

Back
Top Bottom