Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Soldato
How dare you question my testicular fortitude, Sir? I was rocking that beast way back in 2010 on GT5.

If you must know, I'm not putting it on there because it would likely just be me and you that attempt it.
I'd be happy to destroy you in it some other time if you desire? :p

You're on. Last one to the old roundabout and back buys the Happy Meals!

Associate
That lawnmower is an absolute blast, drifting through fast corners in 6th with the rear twitching. Lively stuff lol, absolute love it, downfarce is nowhere near this much fun :)

Associate
Cheers Petey, shame you can’t just leave the server up. Where am I going to do my virtual drunk driving?

I’ve been back on ATS lately, pretty relaxing after a few beers :)

Oh and Merry Xmas ho ho ho

Soldato
OP
I guess you can do your drunk driving on public servers. Everyone else seems to ;)

Yeah, I keep meaning to get back on ETS2/ATS... It's nice to just chill with some 80's internet radio and do the odd bit of Duel style stalking on the AI.

Soldato
OP
In case anyone's interested, I've been able to get Sol working on the rackservice server.
We can have a set time or progressive day/night cycle.

For TT purposes, it's probably better to have a set time with a cool sunset or something.

I'll be doing a bit of testing with some friends over the weekend. In the meantime, post to let me know if you're interested in getting this going again and if you need any help with setting things up.

Soldato
OP
Does that mean we need Sol installed?
Yes, you need Sol and the shaders patch. Probably content manager too.

Get the latest beta versions from their respective discord channels.
Sol: https://discord.gg/re32HM3
Shaders: https://discord.gg/mbcJKKn

Short guide

While you should be able to drag/drop the shaders patch into CM, I've found the last few versions to install, but not show up in the mod list, so:

- Open the shaders zip (currently preview 49) and you'll see a MODS folder.
Drop that folder into your AC install directory.
- Drag/drop the Sol zip (currently 1.1 beta 6 OR Alpha 7.4 if you want lightning during a storm) into CM and install by clicking the three green stripes at the top right which will have turned green.
- Navigate to the Content>Mods tab and enable the shaders patch, then activate Sol. It will overwrite elements of the shaders patch.

There are a few checkboxes to look at in the shader patch options, but you're good to go for now.

Last edited:
Associate
Is there any chance of getting this up and running again or have you chaps moved onto bigger and better things?
Got myself a cheapo racing seat recently so am having a blast on AC, ACC and Project Cars 2.

I still drive like a granny though :)

Soldato
OP
Is there any chance of getting this up and running again or have you chaps moved onto bigger and better things?
Got myself a cheapo racing seat recently so am having a blast on AC, ACC and Project Cars 2.

I still drive like a granny though :)

Not really, mate :)
My pedals are playing up, and I've got more important things to throw money/time at right now.

Apart from that, I'm not sure if there's enough interest to make the effort worthwhile tbh. If other people are interested, then perhaps :)

Petey is just dying to go all ACC;)

Let's have it man, I know you've got the Intercontinental:D

:D I still only have 7hrs on ACC and only got the DLC because one of my mates was looking to enter a few endurance races, so I thought I'd check it out.
Still undecided and not sure if I can trust my hardware anyway.

Soldato
not sure if I can trust my hardware anyway

The way I look at it is, I cannot hear my computer going in to meltdown over the rip of a 720s.:)

But yeah the demand might not be there now. Though I fancy my chances now I know what the distance boards are and those things I now know to be braking points.

Should you ever return I won't be 4 seconds back wondering what alien devices you all have fitted:D

Soldato
OP
Ok, I'll what I can do.
Server setup is fine, but I've completely forgotten how to set up stracker, so you'll have to bear with me :o

In the meantime, shout outs to: @Born2BSlow @Yadda @PinkFloyd @Fireblade2K4 @Gixer @golfnut @rodders @MikeTheNative @MoodyB @TonyTurbo78 @V F @i-bert @Sp00n @andy_mk3 @Ryan-3 @Dup @Paddyqwerty1 @Valver @Mr.Cookie @almoststew1990 @dl8860 @magicoi @fastboy @danswan @DAIR @Oncles @Boycey0211 @Deluxe @banja @Bad_HatHarry @soundb0y @Ja5peruk @DONOHUE07

And anyone else that wants to join in!

Soldato
Yadda rrrrrrrrreporting for duty, sa!

My pedals might need a bit of persuasion to work properly but I'll give it bash. Thanks Petey.

(That's assuming you're running AC again. I don't have ACC.)

Back
Top Bottom