Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Soldato
OP
Gratz to @Paddyqwerty1 for almost getting a clean sweep last week :)
I spent far too many laps destroying the Jordan's gearbox before I realised I hadn't enabled auto clutch... :rolleyes:

Anyway, this week we have Jackie Stewart's 1971 championship winning Tyrell and Denny Hulme's 1967 championship winning Brabham for you to destroy, along with some other retro classics.

Round 26 - Watkins Glen >>DOWNLOAD<<

Associate
Gratz to @Paddyqwerty1 for almost getting a clean sweep last week :)
I spent far too many laps destroying the Jordan's gearbox before I realised I hadn't enabled auto clutch... :rolleyes:

Anyway, this week we have Jackie Stewart's 1971 championship winning Tyrell and Denny Hulme's 1967 championship winning Brabham for you to destroy, along with some other retro classics.
Thanks @Uncle Petey, looks like a good combo this week. I kept over-revving the engine in the lower gears in the Jordan, but I don't think that's enough of excuse to make up for the 8/10th gap... Quiet without @Yadda about this week. Are the pedals still giving issues?

Soldato
Nice going, Paddy. Yes, I've been fettling a lot this week so not had much track time. I did a few 10 lappers against AI (the first time I've tried the AI) to test stability and that's about it.

I've got some new gloves on the way too. 10 laps with full force feedback gave me a bad case of swamp hands and my old gloves (for mountain biking) are a bit too coarse for the wheel. Can't be damaging the alcantara don't you know. :)

(These are the gloves btw, if it helps anyone.)

Soldato
Interesting looking circuit this week and a new one for me. Nice looking bus-stop chicane, reminiscent of the old Spa circuit (although in reverse). Nice bit of history with the cars too, Petey.

I'll try and get at least one time on the board this week.

Soldato
I've been after a new PC chair for a while but I'm glad I held off because since getting into sim racing again, and especially since getting the pedals with a load cell brake, I've realised that chairs on wheels aren't the best option.

Well lads, today I bought a new PC chair - a front seat from an actual Alfa Romeo! :D (wtf am I doing? :confused:)

Soldato
@RevBillyG I hope to join you on the board this evening. BTW are your tyre choices and fuel load deliberate? If not, and forgive me if I'm starting the obvious, you'll find running with softer tyres and less fuel will help your lap times.

Associate
@RevBillyG I hope to join you on the board this evening. BTW are your tyre choices and fuel load deliberate? If not, and forgive me if I'm starting the obvious, you'll find running with softer tyres and less fuel will help your lap times.

Good stuff :)
I didn’t change any setups at all. Was just learning the track a bit.
I’m not really much of a sim racer, just enjoy it a lot without actually knowing what I’m doing ;)

Associate
Hi,

Jumped on the server tonight, hope that's okay?
In game name is KULA.

Just dusted off the wheel after a few years off, hoping to get back into it.

Back
Top Bottom