Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Soldato
I thought about Fuji, but personally I never liked it! From memory versions of it I've tried before have always lacked any features around the track and had acres of tarmac the same colour as the circuit itself, so always found it frustrating trying to pick out lines. From a quick glance of that video - that one looks pretty good. Perhaps Twin Ring Motegi if there is a version for AC?

Soldato
OP
I just watched a bunch of AI cars go around Fuji and I wasn't feeling it. It's very wide and pretty much as you described, with a couple of nasty hairpin/chicane things.

Given your car choices, I think Suzuka is the best option out of Fuji and Okayama if we're going with a Japanese circuit. Okayama's great, but I don't think the 787 is gonna like it.
Alas, no Twin Ring Motegi... I loved that back in Forza.

*Spoiler Alert!* You might as well grab this while I'm here before I do the server update: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/2005-toyota-supra-jza80-gt500.20023/
Install the update patch from the mega link in the description.

Soldato
OP
I've been desperate for some Super GT action since Gran Turismo 5! I had the stealth models and everything.
Tried a bunch of iffy mods in AC, but this one flew under my radar.
ED: Just looked, and it turns out I bought a URD Nissan GT500 ages ago and forgot about it :D
srghertg.jpg

Hope this lot's decent around here, as I've been lazy again and not actually tested them :o They should be good though.

I shouldn't be this honest

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like something isn't quite right with the Supra GT500 - installed but get an error when joining the server in it and get kicked! I've managed to get laps set with all of the other cars though. Room for improvement with all of them but I'll see how quickly I get beat before doing some more laps right now. Not helping that my right hand is now killing me after wrestling with the wheel through Dunlop whilst changing gear with the other! Definitely a physical set of cars around this track!
The R34 is really easy to drive, just need to carry more speed due to how much it lacks power compared to it's handling. The TT Supra is an animal without traction control but with it switched on it feels like it cuts too much power out, definitely feeling like I've not got close to a clean lap with it yet. The 787 is epic once you get into the zone with it, for once a car with lots of downforce that I really enjoy! No driver aids to help out but enough downforce and grip to push really hard if you trust the car. Got a lot of room to improve there, I've only done 1 "clean" lap on low fuel and haven't really touched the car setup, I expect to be thrashed by some of your car setup abilities by the end of the week :p

Associate
Yah my setup skills end at selecting the softest tyre, tweaking the gears and aero, and occasionally a bit of tyre pressure...I find more time just by filling the tank and driving longer stints before putting on fresh rubber and low fuel.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, I don't really do much more than that too.
I might soften the rear springs and maybe have a play with the diff if the rear likes stepping out, plus a couple of clicks on the front camber to get a bit more turn in, but I don't really know what the hell I'm doing.
I just drive the car, see what I think it lacks. Is it understeery/oversteery? Is the gearing obviously not suited to the track, or being a spinning sod when shifting to 2nd or something?
I then read the descriptions and see if anything good happens with the basic stuff mentioned above. All the advanced stuff like most of the suspension settings are beyond me.

The 643 time was done with just aero changes for example (17/22). It could have probably been lowered plenty more.
Conversely, I raised the rear wing on the 3-Eleven, as I found that Oulton favoured corner entry/exit and holding speed through fast bends more than it did straight line speed in that car.

Last edited:
Soldato
My setup skills usually involve making sure I'm running the right tyre, and have enough fuel. With the odd overall gear ratio tweak if the car allows it & it's needed.

Keep meaning to read up and learn more about it all, but never quite get round to it somehow :).

And I remember an online GT3 race in GTR2 years ago where the leader shared their setup for the Saleen & it knocked over 2 seconds off the lap times@Laguna Seca.

Soldato
OP
Thank @PinkFloyd , it was his idea :)
I can't even remember the last time I drove it... Or any of them tbh.

@Josh_Martin
Is your AC name 'paddyqwerty1'?

ED: No it's not! @Paddyqwerty1, good to have you with us. I see you haven't posted since 2014, but don't be shy, mate :)
Then again, he hasn't been on the forum since May... Not signed in anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's some pro lurking by Paddy then.

I used to fine tune setup lots in Forza where every setting had a clear description of what it did. In AC I've always felt like just driving better will make more difference most of the time, but considering dropping fuel and adding rear downforce levels gave 2 seconds alone on the first hot lap it was a reminder I should try tinkering again!

Soldato
OP
That's some pro lurking by Paddy then.

For real! :D He has a trust account and I've sent him a message, so hopefully he'll pop in.
It would be mean to delete his times, but I do have a no lurker policy...

On another note regarding the GT500: I haven't done any laps yet, but I was doing some live driver coaching with a friend yesterday (it's a thing we do, and he's making progress), and that car seems to have waaay too much grip for what it is. It corners like a max downforce F1 from what I saw.
It's my own fault for not doing my usual testing, but something seems off with it. It won't happen again. Perhaps I shouldn't blindly trust 5* ratings on RD.

Associate
I guess it's time to stop lurking! Apologies for just appearing and not saying anything. I tried to join the last round but didn't have all the DLC.

Nice set of cars in this round. Finding the 787B the easiest to be consistent with. Haven't tried the GT500 Supra as I need to add the patch. Is everyone else running 100% boost on the TT Supra?

Back
Top Bottom