Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Soldato
Massive diminishing returns on shadow detail, if I’m struggling with FPS in anything it’s the first thing to get turned down.

Glad you sorted it.

Thanks mate. Yes crazy really, it didn't show up on my GPU or memory usage graphs. A hidden (edit: rather an undetected) bottleneck.

Last edited:
Associate
I’ll drop shadows one click as well, I get some issues where there are lots of walls. By the pits, and just after that annoying little downhill hairpin...

Soldato
I know where you mean, a tricky little left-hander that, it sometimes catches me unaware.

I had a play after a few beers last night and IMO Nords has to rank as one of the most difficult circuits to drive while under the influence (along with Monaco). It didn't go well.

Soldato
I might be able to sort you out with the brick from my old CSR.

Thanks Petey, that would be great. It'll save me looking for 3rd party alternatives (24v 2.5A positive earth polarity iirc). To stay within the forum rules I'll let you know when I've closed the deal and you can create a "For sale" thread if that's ok with you?

Soldato
Fantastic, will do. Thanks again mate. Marvellous. :cool:

Should be a big improvement over my old Logitech MOMO, especially the pedals. I can't wait to get stomping. :)

Soldato
OP
NP :)

Hope you have good luck with the pedals. I have the same ones and they're notorious for developing issues, though nothing truly unsolvable.
They're great when they work properly though.

Soldato
NP :)

Hope you have good luck with the pedals. I have the same ones and they're notorious for developing issues, though nothing truly unsolvable.
They're great when they work properly though.

You have the same pedals? Nice one. What issues do they suffer, is it the fancy magnetic sensor do-dahs?

Soldato
OP
Yeah... Make sure you have the sensor housing snugged down, but not to the point of bending the cover and keep the magnet(s) clean and you should be ok.
Other than that, load cell failure is something that'll happen at some point. Easy fix if you buy cheap ones on the bay and can splice a cable to fit a connector.
I've had other issues that required replacement PCB's (main and load cell), but I don't know how common that is.

Oh yeah, I also have a spare Derek Speare Tilton pad that you can use on the throttle. I'll chuck that in too if I can find it.

Soldato
Great stuff, I'll make sure to check the magnets when I get them. They look fairly easy to strip and everything looks very accessible. I'm looking forward to setting them up, adjusting them, trying different springs etc and I'll be asking for driver recommendations too. :)

Ooo, that pad looks handy, cheers! More feel has to be a good thing.

Soldato
Ah yes, I believe I saw that listing. Enjoy.

Cheers NW. The wheel wasn't exactly what I was looking for but having read a bit about it it's growing on me and it's bound to be a big improvement on what I have. The diameter is nearly 2" bigger for a start which will make a huge difference. The pedals are exactly what I had in mind though and because they're standalone I can use them with another wheel if I decide to upgrade from the GT3 at some time.

Just need to get the postage costs sorted out with the buyer. He's going to pop down to his local Post Office tomorrow and make enquiries. Any ideas what the ball-park figure should be, or alternative methods other than RM? Edit: DPD seem like a good choice. ~£7 for up to 20kg and I know they're reliable.

Last edited:
Soldato
I really like my GT3 wheel the main reason I changed was because I managed to find a CSR wheel with the CSR elite pedals for a bargain at £80 like 2 years ago.

Was going to use the pedals with the GT3 but kept using the CSR because I preferred the button placement on it.

I’d check parcelmonkey see what the prices are like on there.

Soldato
I really like my GT3 wheel the main reason I changed was because I managed to find a CSR wheel with the CSR elite pedals for a bargain at £80 like 2 years ago.

Was going to use the pedals with the GT3 but kept using the CSR because I preferred the button placement on it.

I’d check parcelmonkey see what the prices are like on there.

£80 was a bargain and a half! I originally offered the asking on another deal - CSL Elite pedals in nice condition and a battered CSR wheel for £50 but annoyingly the seller decided he'd asked for too little and was going to eBay them instead, lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom