Assetto Corsa

Soldato
One of our AC members just got his CV1 and here are his first impressions fwiw:

It's up and running. I've been playing both Elite: Dangerous and AC with it.

Elite is fantastic, it's really like it's made for it, and makes it unbelievably better.

AC is.... not quite as good. A bit clumsy, and the resolution seems quite low. I followed some tips from the forums, which made it sharper but full of artifacts and wiggly stuff because no anti-aliasing. To be fair, it says "early support", so no doubt it will get better. What _is_ good is the better spatial awareness, and it is much easier to both place the car and judge corners, as well as save and correct errors.

Overall, while the experience is fantastic and being in the world and being able to look around yourself freely is priceless, it is nonetheless definitely first generation. There still is a visible screen door effect, and the resolution is probably not even half of what would make it "go away" for me.

Having said that, I am absolutely NOT going back to regular screens, because what you get in return is .... quite indescribable. From the moment I first looked into VR as a possibility, now probably years ago, I was always most interested in the presence, sense of scale, situational and spatial awareness (and resulting immersion). And while the immersion does suffer from the low-res and screen door, the presence part is totally there.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Bought my copy yesterday.
Question for you chaps. Tried streaming it using Steam from my PC upstairs, to my laptop in the lounge. All I got was a black screen. Any good ideas?
Steam streaming does seem to work as I tried out Naval Action (oooh errr missus) and that looked fine.

Soldato
Thanks for the heads up, I've still got just the original game so will pick up all the DLC's :cool:

I'm guessing the Logitech G29 is still the idea all rounder to go for? Seen a deal that is wheel & shifter for £180 of a well known high street store.

Associate
Tempted to get this since its on steam sale. is it worth getting the dream packs 1-3? i would get the jap dream pack since im a jap car guy.

Ok Just went to look for that deal. I take it i need the G920 for the version and not G29?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm guessing the Logitech G29 is still the idea all rounder to go for?
It's the one I have and its great. Make sure you get the separate H-shifter though as it adds loads of fun to manual cars - double clutching, heel-toeing, engine spooling on brake, etc

Tempted to get this since its on steam sale. is it worth getting the dream packs 1-3? i would get the jap dream pack since im a jap car guy.

Ok Just went to look for that deal. I take it i need the G920 for the version and not G29?

Imho all dream packs are worth the money, but Dream Pack 1 is a must - laserscanned Nürburgring Nordschleife that took like 2 years to create, plus McLaren f1, p1, and other good cars.

Other DPs are good too - laserscanned Brands Hatch and Catalunia, Lambos, Ford GT, RUFs etc. But DP1 is special.

As for the wheel, g29 and g290 would both work on PC. I've opted for PS4 compatible g29 as it has more buttons and looks nicer (to my eyes).

Soldato
Bought my copy yesterday.
Question for you chaps. Tried streaming it using Steam from my PC upstairs, to my laptop in the lounge. All I got was a black screen. Any good ideas?
Steam streaming does seem to work as I tried out Naval Action (oooh errr missus) and that looked fine.

I can only suggest the official AC forums, there support threads are generally knowledgable and quick:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php

Soldato
Guys i wondered if you could help me please.

I have just purchased the Thrustmaster T300 GTE & T500 Pedals. Whats the feeling through a wheel with this game ? Does the force feedback etc work really well ?

I already have Project Cars but thinking about adding this to my collection now i have a wheel.

Soldato
Yep, I just couldn't be bothered. Shame, it's such a pretty game...

Here's some settings to get you started:

EEw3EMk.jpg

I run a 320mm rim, so I have certain things set a little higher to account for the extra rotational weight.
You might want to lower the Kerb, Road and slip settings to suit your rim.

In the Thrustmaster control panel, I have everything at 100%, with spring at zero.
You might want to set the master gain to around 65% or so, as this lowers the amount of clipping you may get.

After that, all you have to do is press + or - on the numpad while on track to adjust your overall amount of ffb on the fly. This is saved automatically on a per car basis, so it'll stay at whatever you left it at whenever you get back in the same car.

Caporegime
you really do have to get your wheel settings with this game. i brought it originally and wasnt a big fan of the game but after getting it again and finding a wheel setting that matched transformed the game.

hoping to have a new wheel soon with reviews.:)

Soldato

That is a great help, thank you for that. It gives me a good place to start.

you really do have to get your wheel settings with this game. i brought it originally and wasnt a big fan of the game but after getting it again and finding a wheel setting that matched transformed the game.

hoping to have a new wheel soon with reviews.:)

Yeah im all for tweaking here and there. Uncle Petey's post will help a huge amount to get started with.

Soldato
Guys i wondered if you could help me please.

I have just purchased the Thrustmaster T300 GTE & T500 Pedals. Whats the feeling through a wheel with this game ? Does the force feedback etc work really well ?

I already have Project Cars but thinking about adding this to my collection now i have a wheel.

The game feels amazing to me i would say even better than P cars you should defo add it to your collection:)

I am using the same wheel btw but with the stock pedals.

Last edited:
Soldato
Super stuff.

I have bought Assetto Corsa and all of the DLC packs as well. Just had a quick go with the controller but i think i'll leave it until tomorrow when i get the wheel lol.

Back
Top Bottom