assistance required

Associate
Hi I want to wc my pc but I'm unable to do the required work due to disability and my nephew who normally builds my pcs for me has never done it before, would anyone locally be willing to install a custom wc into my pc for me, I know it's cheesy asking but I Really want wc

Associate
try aking in the customer service thread, im sure they will help you out for a fee ofc.

Failing that you might want to try facebook and look for computer sell sights , and ask in them

sorry i could not be of any use bar that

Soldato
You have a couple of options. Get an all in one kit which will come with instructions and take it step by step, asking in here if you want for further help and do it yourself (nephew). Its not that hard you just have to make sure you test the loop fully before you go live so to speak for no leaks and then make sure you have no air in the loop. For me the latter was the hardest bit to do but that was a while ago and I imagine its a lot easier now.

The other option which is a bit of a cheat is to buy an all in one watercooler. Its still water cooling your PC without the hassle of fitting a custom loop. As easy as fitting an air CPU cooler. You could also get an AIO kit for the 1080 too.

Soldato
Unless you're jumping in the deep end and wanting a full hardline build, watercooling isn't as hard as it first appears. Let's be honest it's more plumbing than fancy tech. The only really scary thing is putting a block on the graphics card as that requires dismantling, but even then just take things slowly and follow the instructions to the letter.

To that end there's no reason why your nephew can't break his WC virginity. There are a bazillion references and guides across the intarwebz on how to do things, how to leak test, how to assemble, how to fill and drain, and of course plenty of experts here to bounce questions and opinions off. It's just a matter of confidence for your nephew.

And let's be honest, putting an AIO on a graphics card is identical in operation to putting a full block, so the only difference between AIO and full loop is the AIO is incredibly unlikely to leak, rather than very unlikely to leak.

See if you can talk him into it.

Associate
OP
I'm trying to get him to do it, I like the look of hard tubing but would go with soft for the following reasons, it cheaper and easier to use, I still can't find a full block for my gpu

Soldato
If you're using the Gigabyte 1080 Xtreme in your sig, the only option you have really is the Bykski N-GV1080XT-X if you want a full-cover block, otherwise you'll have to mess around with some form of universal GPU block and then put heat sinks on the card's VRMs (and possibly memory).

Soldato
is it good or should I stick with the stock cooler

Well, water cooling is always superior to air cooling, but modern air cooling always strives for maximum performance for minimum noise. So the choice is always "do I want to water cool because it looks good", rather than any benefit water may bring.

So if you want to water cool then your GPU block choice is limited to as I said above.

Soldato
@PAULRYAN52
Aorus / gigabyte GPX block should do the trick and cheap ! Alphacool do the units so they quick discounts and can link to their AIO. Or they even do an AIO for GPU. Basically same block but with a pump on the unit.

vj3XceE.jpg

Aorus/Xtreme are the same board :)

I can't link it, even though Caseking have started to stock their products, haven't here and still a retail/competitor .

Google alphacool GPX Pro /eiswolf 1080 M21 .

Soldato
Aorus/Xtreme are the same board :)

They're the same PCB for the 1080 Ti yes, but the capacitor arrangement towards the back is different between the 1080 and 1080 Ti.

I can't link it, even though Caseking have started to stock their products, haven't here and still a retail/competitor.

Do Caseking count as a competitor given they own OcUK? :p

Soldato
They're the same PCB for the 1080 Ti yes, but the capacitor arrangement towards the back is different between the 1080 and 1080 Ti.

Do Caseking count as a competitor given they own OcUK? :p

He has non Ti so will be all good :)

They only stock the basics and not the GPX blocks which is a shame .

Don't think OCUK will , seems alpha pushing lots of OEM for H2

Associate
OP
ok so an update

he reckons he should be ok doing it, I've decided just to do the mb and cpu and leave the gpu on air, so is the following correct or have I messed up

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £387.93 (includes shipping: £11.10)

Back
Top Bottom