• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASUS confirms ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 3080 Ti graphics card with 20GB memory

Associate
Been holding out for the Ti but I imagine it will be months before they are obtainable.

I wonder if the reason stock is so bad is because Nvidia are with holding all the chips for the TI variants. I can't imaginer Nvidia want another repeat of the current stock shortage fiasco so soon

Associate
They didn't care about the 3080 & 3090 stock shortage fiasco that was going on when they released the 3060ti & 3070 ;)
I am just guessing, probably joping more than having any rationale behind my thoughts. I just think another failed launch would really screw their PR

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I am just guessing, probably joping more than having any rationale behind my thoughts. I just think another failed launch would really screw their PR

I don't think they care about PR when they sell everything they make. They obviously didn't care about PR when they decided to sell so much stock to miners, and the bad PR around the 2000 series doesn't seem to have taught them anything.

I think they've witnessed the spending frenzy going on, and see more expensive Ti models as the optimum way to take even more money from people using the exact same GPUs.

Caporegime
I don't think they care about PR when they sell everything they make. They obviously didn't care about PR when they decided to sell so much stock to miners, and the bad PR around the 2000 series doesn't seem to have taught them anything.

I think they've witnessed the spending frenzy going on, and see more expensive Ti models as the optimum way to take even more money from people using the exact same GPUs.
It's not as simple as they do or don't care about PR... they do obviously care about PR... but it's just that everything they is weighed against the business impact. Caring about PR becomes less of a priority when their bottom line and long-term strategy are at risk.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
It's not as simple as they do or don't care about PR... they do obviously care about PR... but it's just that everything they is weighed against the business impact. Caring about PR becomes less of a priority when their bottom line and long-term strategy are at risk.

Isn't it the other way around? PR is less of a priority when financials are looking good?

Associate
I'm referring to games I might actually WANT to play or do play. 'Many' of today's games isn't good enough for me but if you're easily bought, or satisfied or buy into the hype all power to you. I remember you telling me I was accusing CD Project of lying in their CP 2077 recommended specs for 4K and bragging how you'd be playing 4K ultra 60+fps with RT on your 3090. How's that working out for you? I assume you have trackIR for MSFS2020 and if you do you'll realise that panning in flight can be nausea inducing at much less than 60fps.

Good lord, no way you'd have managed playing sims on the old days then, single digit frames on an amiga. We are so spoilt today.

Associate
Gamers Nexus reporting 3080Ti (including other refresh SKU's) on hold to allow Nvidia to focus on current line-up and meet demand. I can see the sense in that due to the stock issues and why make other cards when the ones you have sell straight away.

Associate
Yep been confirmed that the 3080ti is on hold indefinitely until they can meet current demand. Even Nvidia as bad as they are realised that releasing new SKU's when you can't provide the current ones was taking the ****!!

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Why take money from customers once when you can do it twice... need to supply 3080 models to customers first, then entice them to upgrade!

Back
Top Bottom