** ASUS DO IT AGAIN: IPS, 144Hz & FREESYNC!!! Asus MG279Q thread **

Soldato
Oh dear me, I think you have seduced me :( I wanted to wait until UHD 120hz IPS panels came along :(

If you can get TFTCentral to do a review it will make my mind up for me ;)

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Was thinking about the Acer Predator XB270HU but was kind of put off by the price, how does this compare to it?

Soldato
Pretty much my perfect monitor, Will be waiting to decide which camp I am saying in when the die shrink finally comes and gsync/freesync monitor will be mine!

Caporegime
Wow!

I was expecting at least £600

IIRC this is using the same panel as the acer gsync ips screen so it should be very similar, hopefully not with all the problems of 5+ dead pixels though...

OcUK Staff
OP
I'd suggest you all get pre-ordering then if the price is shockingly good as you can bet there will be no stock or when we do get stock and have free stock the price will go up if Asus can't meet demand. I did order 250pc though so we shall see.

Associate
Acer are having a laugh, as the first 2560x 120+Hz gaming monitor Asus could get away with it but they don't even have that aspect on their side.

Exactly, asking price for Acer is ridiculous. Hope this Asus will drive down the price of Asus Rog Swift as I am more interested in Gsync screen. Asus 2560x IPS 144Hz Gsync would be even better:)

Last edited:
Soldato
Gibbo said:
I'd suggest you all get pre-ordering then if the price is shockingly good as you can bet there will be no stock or when we do get stock and have free stock the price will go up if Asus can't meet demand. I did order 250pc though so we shall see.
I mentioned on another thread two days ago, that if it's priced around £500 I would be more than happy to pay that, only thing that's holding me back is a review, decisions decisions lol. :)
texxx74 said:
Exactly, asking price for Acer is ridiculous. Hope this Asus will drive down the price of Asus Rog Swift as I am more interested in Gsync screen. Asus 2560x IPS 144Hz Gsync would be even better:)
Well I don't know how much the licensing fee is, but Nvidia were charging $199 for the G-Sync DIY upgrade kit back around Jan 2014. So you can bet Nvidia are taxing that Acer screen just like the rest of the G-Sync screens available.

If Asus release the equivelant screen for G-Sync, I bet it will be near £700 thanks to Nvidia being able to leech as much as they want out their 'regular' customers.

The thing is, the Asus MG279Q ROG Dominator should last someone a good 5+ years, so that means AMD receiving 5+ years of custom through people upgrading their graphics cards with it being FREESYNC, so through Nvidia's very own greed through licensing scam/tax, or whatever you wish to call it, they will lose out on people who before would switch out their cards from AMD to Nvidia etc, when it's time to upgrade to the latest cards.

My current NEC 24WMGX3 24" is nearly 6 years, which Gibbo at the time had an awesome deal on, cost me £450 and to be honest, this is the very first time I've been totally tempted to make the upgrade, I would be keeping it a good 6 years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom