Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 - Loss of USB Power

Associate
Hi , just building a system with this board, we cant get the external graphics card to give out a display on either hdmi or dvi , the onboard graphics works fine , we are in slot 1, i have disabled igpu thingy but still no joy , the board is on 0402, any ideas?

Soldato
Hi , just building a system with this board, we cant get the external graphics card to give out a display on either hdmi or dvi , the onboard graphics works fine , we are in slot 1, i have disabled igpu thingy but still no joy , the board is on 0402, any ideas?

Have you set the PCIE 16 to detect first in the bois?

My front usbs are still working so far and the uptime in windows is 1day 14hrs, and thats the longest time so far without dropping the power to the usbs. So that might of fixed my prob phil-k.

Associate
Have you set the PCIE 16 to detect first in the bois?

My front usbs are still working so far and the uptime in windows is 1day 14hrs, and thats the longest time so far without dropping the power to the usbs. So that might of fixed my prob phil-k.

Hi where is that, which tab is it under?

Associate
Ive just ordered an overclocked bundle Asus P8Z68-V Pro with Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB RAM and reading this it looks like im going to have problems already with USB 3.0 and cut outs? By reading this im kinda confused if problems have been solved? Have they all been resolved? Will i have problems with my new build. Ive not yet done it yet as im waiting for my CD-ROM to arrive, other then that im pressing the ON button when its in. Will i be restarting this that and the other and messing around? I dont exactly know a lot about PC's so i hope im not screwed :( Please tell me this is sorted!!

Soldato
Well I think mine is sorted but Ive got a gigabyte board, and all Ive done is turned off the power saving mode to the usb hub that was loosing power. That seems to have solved it for me.

image2nl.jpg

Associate
Well i will check this when i get it all up and running and i hope i dont get any problems with my rig. If i do i will post again and let you know

Soldato
The USB power is now fixed, now Ive turned off the power saving for the USB hub, as windows has been up for 3days, 6hrs.

So the prob that I have, looks like its down to windows.

Associate
I have the UD4 board so it might be diff, but the option is in the advanced features, I think near the bottom

Thanks for the reply , it turns out that a dead 6870 saphire gfx card is the culprit, anyway all is well now, ocuk swapped out the card and its running like a charm, thanks for your help

Associate
I'm having this problem with the Gigabyte Z68ap-d3 board...

Did anyone find a solution? Same problem. Frustrating as I'm using a USB Wireless N dongle...........

Soldato
I know this is quite an old thread now but I'm having major problems with the rear USB2 ports. Seems they are loosing power as the keyboard and mouse stop working.

Grrrrr!!!

Latest BIOS update has been done, running Corsair vengeance ram although can't see how that can do anything with the USB controller.

Tried another keyboard and mouse, originally thought it was a conflict with my card reader as well so removed that. Come to think of it, that would also loose power at the same time. Connected to internal header.

Tried Windows 7 and Windows 8. Latest drivers, onboard MS drivers....nothing seems to work. The only thing I haven't done is turn off the power management (doing it tonight). Thing is, I'm sure I have also had issues with the keyboard and mouse outside of Windows (TrueImage, and also while Installing windows itself).

Please help

REALLY don't want to RMA the board

:edit: Just read that disabling PLL over voltage and/or bluetooth seems to fix the problem?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom