Asus Prime X370-Pro Owner's thread

Associate
OP
Back up and running!
Flashed the BIOS to 504 without issue from USB stick from BIOS.

3.8GHz at v1.25
That's good to see. That's a good voltage for that frequency too.

What VRM temps are you getting for the motherboard? I'm not sure what heading this comes under in HWinfo (if you're using that to monitor temps).

Associate
That's good to see. That's a good voltage for that frequency too.

What VRM temps are you getting for the motherboard? I'm not sure what heading this comes under in HWinfo (if you're using that to monitor temps).

All the temps on HWInfo are reading around 35/40c on the motherboard while stress testing, CPU idles around the 30-35 and hits 50~

Mind you this is all sitting in a 750D, with a 110i strapped to the CPU.

What are you getting?

Associate
OP
All the temps on HWInfo are reading around 35/40c on the motherboard while stress testing, CPU idles around the 30-35 and hits 50~

Mind you this is all sitting in a 750D, with a 110i strapped to the CPU.

What are you getting?
Thanks. I've not received mine yet, I should be getting it by tomorrow or Tuesday.

I have had high VRM temp issues on my AM3+ board so was curious as to what temps the owner's of the X370 Prime were getting as I've ordered the same board.

Associate
Cool, you won't be disappointed i don't think.

I was trying to hold out for the Taichi but caved, I couldn't really pick anything else as I was looking for 8+ Sata Ports! :D <- and yes im using them all, no CD/DVD either.

Associate
OP
Cool, you won't be disappointed i don't think.

I was trying to hold out for the Taichi but caved, I couldn't really pick anything else as I was looking for 8+ Sata Ports! :D <- and yes im using them all, no CD/DVD either.
Thanks, hopefully we've made a good choice and it doesn't give us any major issues.

Lol, same here, first I had the Taichi on pre-order and then pre-ordered the Gigabyte X370 K7 and then I went for the x370 Prime as it was in stock, the others didn't have an ETA for stock availability. That's nice, glad you're happy with it. :)

P.S. this X370 Prime board also has some RGB lights on the back side if I'm not mistaken, I didn't realise this.

Last edited:
Associate
Apologies some of you guys are having issues. We are working on a new BIOS, keep an eye out in the meantime. You may have to put the timings in to get the best memory speeds.

If you continue to have issues, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

ASUS UK Support team
Hotline: 01442-265548 9am - 5pm
Email: http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techserv.aspx

Associate
OP
Apologies some of you guys are having issues. We are working on a new BIOS, keep an eye out in the meantime. You may have to put the timings in to get the best memory speeds.

If you continue to have issues, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

ASUS UK Support team
Hotline: 01442-265548 9am - 5pm
Email: http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techserv.aspx
Please can you tell me what the max VRM temperature rating on this board is for 24/7 use, and what's the best software to accurately monitor VRM temps?

Thanks

Soldato
Associate
I'm having some issues with the fan controller on the board:

All the fans are set to constant in the BIOS, but when I boot into Windows they start pulsing
Opening up the AI suite then selecting the fan settings tab stops the pulsing

Associate
OP
I've just flashed the latest 511 bios on my new Prime X370 Pro. How do I change the CPU voltage and frequency/multiplier? I can't find these settings anywhere in the bios. I've come from a Gigabyte board and it was so much simpler on that. All my bios settings are currently on default/Auto and I've not touched anything yet as I don't know what's what.

My CPU voltage is going over 1.5V (maximum value), I'm checking this in HWinfo.

28hiceu.png

2q2h3fc.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
The most critical thing is support. Who from Asus & MSI are showing they are more on the ball with regards to BIOS updates and support for the boards?

I had a look at both the ASUS and MSI BIOS pages for this board and the Carbon and the MSI Carbon has a more recent BIOS. Which incidentally means nothing in and off it's self it's just an observation.

---

Ooops and I quoted myself! :p

Soldato
The last AMD motherboard I had from MSI was awful. I have never had a bad Asus motherboard.

Though I understand this could all be due to good / bad luck.

Associate
I've just flashed the latest 511 bios on my new Prime X370 Pro. How do I change the CPU voltage and frequency/multiplier? I can't find these settings anywhere in the bios. I've come from a Gigabyte board and it was so much simpler on that. All my bios settings are currently on default/Auto and I've not touched anything yet as I don't know what's what.

My CPU voltage is going over 1.5V (maximum value), I'm checking this in HWinfo.
28hiceu.png

2q2h3fc.jpg
Use the '+' and '-' keys in the BIOS

i.e. set Vcore to manual or offset, and then underneath it will say auto.
Highlight auto then press + or -

Back
Top Bottom