Asus Prime X370-Pro Owner's thread

Associate
Hi guys, I have an OC problem on this motherboard.
My CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
Cooler: Mugen 5 rev. B
On version 3402 (but on previous versions also) voltages are jumping from e. g. 1.38V to 1.46 (after 20 seconds in OCCT Large Data).
Settings: 3.7GHz, 1.38V, LoadLine Calibration lvl 3, SOC 1.1V.
What should I do?

Associate
Use HWinfo64 to read vcore and always look at 'CPU Core Voltage (SVI2 TFN)' instead of VDDCR CPU. I'm guessing the program you use to read the voltage is reading from VDDCR (from the SuperI/O chip).
SVI2 TFN is the reading from the voltage regulator, which should be the most accurate.

Also 1.38v with LLC3 at 3.7Ghz seems a bit high, try lowering that to 1.3v with LLC2. If 3.7Ghz is stable at that voltage, you can try bumping to 3.8Ghz since most chips should be able to do 3.8Ghz at around the 1.3v~1.35v mark. I recommend sticking to LLC2 since LLC3 will introduce some voltage overshoot.

Associate
Yea, thanks, but that problem is strange - I'm from Poland and Polish mobo's owners also have this problem, but on forums in other countries I can't find anything about it. I read voltages from OCCT, CPU-Z and bios and they are the same. In Asus's central office they also do not acknowledge that problem. It's interesting, because on 0902 bios there weren't any OC problems, they appeared with 1001. What do you think about it? What should I do?

EDIT: Ahh, I saw, that you have 0902 bios version - the last one, when voltages were normal.

Last edited:
Associate
Update your bios, version 3402 is out.
I'm on 3402 and I can get 3.85Ghz at 1.325v with LLC2 in the BIOS. Each chip is different too so yours might need more or even less voltage for the same frequency.

Associate
That's because the software you're using to read the voltages uses the SuperIO chip readings instead of the actual voltage regulator ones. My VDDCR readings range from 1.308v to 1.406v.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
i actually fired a message to asus uk on twitter the other day about the lack of notes on bios updates, the reply was to tell me where to download the latest bios. you really cant make this up.

Soldato
Hi guys. I have this board and I cannot install the AI suite III software. When I click on the setup exe nothing happens. Ive tried running as admin too, nothing.

Anyone any ideas?

Also do I actually need to install any drivers after swapping to this motherboard? Because windows booted up and everything is working fine, including audio and internet, without manually installing anything.

I did download the chipset drivers but when I run setup I get this, which looks like it wants to update the graphics card drivers which is not what I want.

bQp02Ik.png

Soldato
8qtwAfQ.png

I got this bad boy to plug into the odd-shaped header (proprietary?) on the motherboard. This exposes the 10Gbit USB bus of the X370 chipset, as opposed to the bolt-on ASMedia chip (green USB ports).

Soldato
I did download the chipset drivers but when I run setup I get this, which looks like it wants to update the graphics card drivers which is not what I want.
AMD's installers are weird. I remembering installing chipset drivers and the installer window itself was branded "Radeon". Went ahead anyway and all was fine.

Soldato
AMD's installers are weird. I remembering installing chipset drivers and the installer window itself was branded "Radeon". Went ahead anyway and all was fine.

Those driver numbers are the gpu drivers though aren't they? I don't want to update the gpu drivers because ive tried the latest ones and performance was worse.

Any idea on Asus AI suite III?

Soldato
Ive managed to install Asus AI suite III, the antivirus was blocking it.

But not happy.

1. It still only registers 3 fans not the extra one I had to plug in to CPU_OPT because this board only has 2 chasis fan headers.
2. There is this little shortcut icon down bottom right of screen now that cant be turned off.
3. Asus software reports 42 degC for CPU whereas HWinfo reports 32 degC.

Associate
Hi Guys - not been here in a while, but might be able to help you out a bit.

With ASUS installers, always right-click the file for properties, then click on 'unblock' - then things should install ok.

As for SoC voltage, it does seem that lower is better =- I have mine at 0.962 with my b-die ram at 3200, man timings. Bios 3404

CPU temp - best temp reading is from CPU Tdie in HWInfo64. The temp ASUS gives for CPU temp is from the diode under the CPU and is the temp used for cooling.

You have to install the latest AISuite after the recent CPU updates that MS sent out which prevents it from running.

Associate
I meant to also mention, if any of you have pre week 26 cpus - it is worth RMAing them if they have the segfault problem. I did - got week 37 cpu and it runs much cooler! Less volts and higher stable OC - 4.1GHz with 1.343 LLC Auto.

Associate
If you bought before week 26 and your cpu fails the ryzel kill-script (in linux). It does not affect everyone with <= week 25 cpus, but if you compile code, you're more likely to run into problems. Search for ryzen kill-script and you'll find lots of info. It can be run from a Live USB stick (with persistence and a swap file)

Edit: forgot! The batch number of your cpu will tell you what week it was manufactured. This number is ONLY printed on the top of your cpu sadly, so unless you purchased before week 26, only way to check is to remove your cooler and have a look.

I would like to point out that AMD have been really good at sorting this out. If you do RMA, ask them to send replacement when you send yours in. They may or may not ask for evidence of purchase or the fault.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom