ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition: The Ultimate LGA2011 Motherboard

Permabanned
Thanks Nick, good advice although i dont want to bleed all the water out as ive just got it running nice. I did fix it by a good bit though by routing the PCIE cables from the top like you said and i used a cable tie from PCIE-24Pin power cable.

Temps have now dropped from 33-43 to 33-35, so its improved, i can live with that!

I think when i get a new card (800 series maxwell) i will do what you said put a 45 on and maybe shorten tubing by 1 cm or so. Here is another picture, bit better.

Permabanned
How are you finding the monoblock?? Sure my temps have improved since installing, dropped a 420 and 240(for now) out of my system and temps are about the same maybe better.

They idle at around 25-30 degrees at 3.9 stock. I have 2x Triple Rads (Rx360s), i have not pushed the cpu yet. Anyone care to point me in the right direction for a good oc guide for this board specifically?

Man of Honour
Permabanned

Thanks for the guide mate!

However......

Need some advice as you guys may have come into this problem that i have.
My Corsair K70 keyboard is plugged into USB 3 on back of my Mobo. I also have my Logitech G500 Plugged into back of the Mobo in USB 3 port also.

The problem is that when i leave the machine off for a while and then turn it on, my Keyboard and sometimes my mouse (not always my mouse) will fail to work. I have to then go around the back of the tower and pullout keyboard and reinsert back into USB 3 to get it to work. The funny thing is that the keyboard backlights will work but the keys will not work!

When i restart its fine but always happens when machine is cold in USB 3.

I have all USB 3 features enabled in the bios. I also disabled Suspend USB from power options.

Any advice?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Thanks for the guide mate!

However......

Need some advice as you guys may have come into this problem that i have.
My Corsair K70 keyboard is plugged into USB 3 on back of my Mobo. I also have my Logitech G500 Plugged into back of the Mobo in USB 3 port also.

The problem is that when i leave the machine off for a while and then turn it on, my Keyboard and sometimes my mouse (not always my mouse) will fail to work. I have to then go around the back of the tower and pullout keyboard and reinsert back into USB 3 to get it to work. The funny thing is that the keyboard backlights will work but the keys will not work!

When i restart its fine but always happens when machine is cold in USB 3.

I have all USB 3 features enabled in the bios. I also disabled Suspend USB from power options.

Any advice?
Thanks.

Have you got the latest bios installed? Bios 601 fixed some USB problems. If not then use 701.

Also in bios:

Under Advanced / USB Configuration:

Make sure that both the legacy support entries are enabled.

Under Boot Configuration / Fast Boot:

You could try Full Initialisation instead of Partial.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Have you got the latest bios installed? Bios 601 fixed some USB problems. If not then use 701.

Also in bios:

Under Advanced / USB Configuration:

Make sure that both the legacy support entries are enabled.

Under Boot Configuration / Fast Boot:

You could try Full Initialisation instead of Partial.

I have 801 installed and all of these that you mentioned i have enabled.
Im out of ideas, do you think my motherboard maybe faulty?

Edit.....I just got a reply on the ROG forum and this is what was explained to me.

"Hi PFS38 and you are not alone with this issue, and as you have "USB selective suspend" setting disabled that counts that out.

Some have also had luck by logging off prior to sleep mode engaging.

If no success, Try changing your power plan settings and do not allow hibernate.

Should you find a solution to this, Please report back."

Can somebody test this out on USB of the Rampage 4 black? If im one of the only people thats getting it i think i will send my board back.

Last edited:
Associate
That IM RAM is limited to 1600MHz 11-11-11 and costs $350 per 16GB module according to AnandTech.

Likely why its limited to 1600MHz with such large capacities and if used professionally you're not likely to overclock. Not even the Titan crowd would buy much of this stuff right now.

No heatsink and reminds me of 30nm Samsung Greens that were cheap and very OC friendly. Low profile really helped with my large Phanteks cooler.

Back
Top Bottom