ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition: The Ultimate LGA2011 Motherboard

Anybody got this problem with cpu-z core speed and rated fsb is off a tad when overclock at 4.5ghz.

Cpuzproblem_zps4697d9c3.jpg

It's always been slightly off and appears to fluctuate with the vcore (even with it fixed in BIOS), you'll see this variation update with AI Suite as CPU-Z doesn't update as often. Way too many options in BIOS to nail down the variation but perhaps the Asus Optimised options for some power options causes this :confused:

4930K usually runs at 4.6GHz (bought from OcUK of course) and have to use a higher vcore for use with 32GB 2133MHz RAM. Replacing the block soon and will see if I can drop volts some more *wishes for 8Pack binned chip every day* ;)

RLyv6f5.png

How long does everyone's boards take to boot?

Sometimes mine sits at the red q code 64 for 10 seconds with the LED on the board lit red before moving past the ASUS splash screen, sometimes it doesn't do this and boots within 5/6 seconds.

Anyone else have the same?

Also got this device unknown ive installed wifi and Bluetooth drivers.

Untitled_zps3ace0b44.jpg

Did you connect the two ASUS 2T2R WiFi antennas securely and reboot?
uPHndoS.jpg

I can see you have the HD audio driver install. Without knowing more it could be Asmedia Sata Controller or Intel Sata or RAID controller. You can usually find out by going to that item with exclamation in devmgmt by double-clicking, select Details tab then Property info Hardware IDs (or Compatible IDs) where it will show the value and hopefully give the description. Class will show the component type if no description is available.

Could be something totally unrelated to the mobo, safely disconnect external harddrives, controllers, webcams, phones/tablets, etc, and see if that exclamation mark goes.

Here is the details.

unknowdevice_zpsd7ac6b9c.jpg

Amidar
I have not installed the two ASUS 2T2R WiFi antennas,the HD audio driver is from my videocard and ive tried installing the Intel Management Engine Interface still no luck.

Clone, that ID stands for Plug and play, such as a USB device. Check if you installed the driver: Asmedia USB3.0 Controller Driver V1.16.16.0.

Download location to select for your OS: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_IV_BLACK_EDITION/HelpDesk_download/

Remember too that BIOS 0603 brings enhanced USB compatible.

I wouldn't resort to installing AMDA00 Interface driver as that has issues and requires AS Suite 3.

What I usually do to reduce driver problems like this is note the CDs list of drivers and download the latest from Asus even if I don't intend on installing them. Once installed shift downloaded drivers to external drive and leave any uninstalled ones on desktop just in case I change my mind. And if you ever update drivers keep those too so you know straight away the versions and when you installed them cos it provides a lot of info from the filename if you rename as listed from the website.

Thanks for the bios it works great.
I also have this problem as well as my WIFI not working.
MY GPU is sagging so bad that on my GTX 690 im getting a an increase of 10 degrees in temps on GPU1 according to AIDA 64. The temps are 33 and 43, as soon as i push the card up with my fingers the temps on gpu 1 drop to around 33 which is what i what on my old x58. I never had this problem on my old x58, can someone confirm for me if this board is faulty or what i can do to get rid of this problem?

Thanks for the bios it works great.
I also have this problem as well as my WIFI not working.
MY GPU is sagging so bad that on my GTX 690 im getting a an increase of 10 degrees in temps on GPU1 according to AIDA 64. The temps are 33 and 43, as soon as i push the card up with my fingers the temps on gpu 1 drop to around 33 which is what i what on my old x58. I never had this problem on my old x58, can someone confirm for me if this board is faulty or what i can do to get rid of this problem?

Try re routing your pcie cables so they come from the top down and support your card a little rather then dragging it down like they are atm.
Used to be a power jack you could support your card with not sure if its made anymore,, have seen lots of props made for gpu's and others using cable/wire/fishingline to hold them up depending on what suits your case so it doesnt show much
Edit, I dont watercool yet,, But (noob question) is your pipe a bit long and pushing down on your gpu?

I suppose i could slightly shorten the tubing it but it wont make a difference, i think it will still sag. ill try some cable ties and do what you said regarding routing of PCIE cables.

Im also gonna take some pictures of the actual PCIE slot because to me it does not look straight, looks like it was built with a slight angle ie: bad build quality, will probably need someone to check theres to confirm.

Back
Top Bottom