ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-E GAMING WIFI owners thread***

After installing everything it's all working very well now and I'm impressed how fast and smooth games are compared to my old system. The 7800X3D really is excellent. I feel like I'm getting the full potential out of my 4090 now, although saying that gpuz is saying my 16X cpu slot is running at 8x Maybes because I'm using the sata ports? But overall I'm very pleased with the upgrades.
I'm using 2*m.2 and 3*SATA ports and the bottom 4x slot for a sound card and my GPU runs at 16x gen 4. The GPU only drop to 8x if you use the second 16x slot or the M2_3 slot.

Decided to give the Intel NIC another chance, the driver Windows installed is newer than the one on the ASUS site so fingers crossed.

There is also the chance your NIC could be faulty, has happened before, anyway fingers crossed :) .

FYI mine is 2.1.4.2 dated Oct 2023.
Had one dropout so far but it did come back so did not need to restart which is better. The driver version is: 2.1.3.15, where did you get 2.1.4.2?

The internet was feeling a bit slow so did a speed test and the NIC was running at 100Mb. Had to restart to get it back to full speed. I just switched back to the USB NIC as that works.

I flashed to the newest BIOS first. I don’t use flashback with this board as it’s a pain to know if it’s doing it as the LED is hard to see, I just do the flash from inside the BIOS, it’s also easier as getting the USB drive format correct can be a problem.

Last edited:
Just upgraded my internet to 1Gb and got a new hub that has a 2.5Gb port so decided to give the Intel NIC one last try before buying a 2.5Gb USB NIC. I set Windows Power to balanced, it was on power saver. I think the power saver mode might have something to do with the problem, also disabled fast boot just in case. Anyway, it’s been ok for about 4 hours so far.

As a gamer mine is on high power setting, still zero issues with my Intel NIC and 1GB Community Fibre ISP, rock solid :).
I always used Balanced (AMD recommended this) for AMD PC's though I did switch to power saver a few months ago, think that’s what the Intel NIC does not like. It a shame as it drops power\temps\fans and the performance is almost same.

I set my fans in Asus BIOS (tuned) for CPU/case fans, my 7900XT I set in the AMD Adrenalin software so GPU fans are at zero RPM mode ie browsing etc so less power used, very quiet PC and no heat issues at all even with long gaming where RPM on fans kicks in but not loud, easy to check GPU hotspot etc ....
I do also, using power saver drops idle power more than anything although my sn850x is ~5-10C cooler using power saver mode.

Just an update about my Intel NIC issues:
Since upgrading from a VM Hub 3 to a VM Hub 5, the dropped connection problems seem to have gone, even when using windows power saver mode. I had also tried a Netgear 7500 router and that had the same drops problem. Anyway, its saved me £25 as I don’t need to buy a 2.5GB USB NIC which is good.

Back
Top Bottom