ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-E GAMING WIFI owners thread***

Soldato
A thread for owners to list any issues. I have just finished setting up the following:

7950X
ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360mm
32GB (2x16GB) Corsair DDR5 Vengeance, PC5-44800 (5600), CAS 36, AMD EXPO
ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-E GAMING WIFI
PowerColor 6900XT
RMx 1000W PSU
WD_Black 850X 1TB Gen 4 (OS drive)
Force MP510 2TB Gen 3 (Games and data)
3 SATA SSD's
Win 11 Pro

I updated the BIOS to 0821 using flash back, was difficult to tell it was working as the activity LED is hard to see.
I did not think the ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360mm would work with AM5 but it does so thats good.
Expo is easy to set, has a button on main BIOS page and seems to work fine.
Wanted to set ECO Mode to 105W, this was difficult to find but it has it and it seems to work.
was hard to Install Win 11 as it has an issue with the nic driver. Had to:
  1. On the “Oops, you’ve lost internet connection” or “Let’s connect you to a network” page, use the Shift + F10 keyboard shortcut.
  2. In Command Prompt, type the OOBE\BYPASSNRO command to bypass network requirements on Windows 11 and press Enter.
  3. The computer will restart automatically, and the out-of-box experience (OOBE) will start again.
  4. Click the “I don’t have internet” option.
  5. Click the “Continue with limited setup” option.
This worked. I then updated the nic driver from a usb and that sorter the internet.
I have not tested the WIFI as I dont use it.
Have not had any other issues so far.

Last edited:
I'm having issues with this motherboard or something else in the system.

Running 7950X3D and having

- WiFi card stop detecting any networks until reboot
- Hung application/ Windows which results in machine auto restarting

Have you had any issues down the line now?
I don’t use WIFI, have it disabled in the BIOS, have had some network issues but it could be my rooter as the only way to fix it is restarting the rooter. I have not had any other issues, been very stable overall. A new BIOS was released today (1616), I just updated to that. been ok so far, give the new BIOS a try and see if its better.

Interesting. What temps you seeing on the VRMS and Chipset?

I'm getting 70C IDLE on my xHCI Chipset, which seems way too high to me.
I run ECO 65W so the VRM temp is lower than it would be at 170W, it sits between 45-50C. The xHCI Chipset sits between 55-63C.

Cheers, might jump on am5 and this board, always go ASUS even though they took some **** lately.
I still think this is one of the best options for the price. Been solid so far and have seen it for ~£310 which is £40 less than I paid. I don’t overclock though and am using ECO 65W so it’s not been pushed as hard as it could be. Will probably switch to ECO 105W if it starts to feel slow.

Mine seems stable had no disconnects yet on ethernet , but early days since this is my day one :) .

Mine was built in April 2023, btw mine has latest BIOS.
Some think the BIOS with AGESA 1.0.0.7c fixed it but I have not tried it, my USB NIC is working fine.

I have been running the new BIOS since release, have not had any bad issues but the PC does seem slower for some stuff (Visual Studio, SQL Server, Android Emulator), builds take much longer. I don’t bother setting EXPO anymore as most issues users are having are memory issues and I use this PC for work. That said EXPO worked fine for me using 5600 RAM.

I thought I would give you an update on my Intel Nic, moved from Virgin to Community Fibre ISP in Jan due to being cheaper and also end of contract with Virgin, anyway been rock solid on my 1GB connection, had my new PC around four months now so long enough to see if any issues would appear.
Using latest driver and BIOS FYI.

Cooler wise for other users using a Deepcool AG500 air cooler on EXP1 setting , does the job and no heat issues, I do game a lot :) .
I think mine might have stopped working correctly when I started using Windows Power Saver Mode, I cannot be 100% but it was about the same time. Anyway, the USB NIC works fine so I have no desire to use the Intel one ever again. I need a stable NIC for work so not going to risk an Intel NIC.

Last edited:
Might be worth trying this, someone with a Asus B650E-I Motherboard fixed it by following the same steps in this video below >> https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/15e5bvf/rog_strix_b650ei_motherboard_ethernet_not_working/

I wouldn’t call running a 2.5GB NIC at 100Mb a fix. The easiest fix is just to disable it in the BIOS and spend £10 on a USB NIC that works as advertised 100% of the time without changing any settings. Both Intel and ASUS know about the problem and are doing nothing to address it, I’m surprised a class action has not kicked off.

Have to say I had a right battle with this motherboard B650 E-E had no internet connection at all during installation of windows as it couldn't detect Wi-Fi or even network plugged in. Eventually got sorted by downloading drivers but what a hassle. Haven't had much time to test but will do today. My windows licence key won't activate now so I'll need to source a new one. And see if I can set this expo thing in bios, I just selected 6000mhz, hopefully I'm over the worst of it now lol.
Had the same problem when installing Windows 11, had to use the consol to enter a command to bypass forced Microsoft account BS and network test, then instal the NIC driver after setup. The only problem I have had in > 1 year is network issues and since I switched to a USB NIC that’s no longer a problem and I use the PC 10-14 hours a day. Overall, the board has been solid.

Back
Top Bottom