Asus ROG Swift PG27UQ 4K IPS 144Hz G-Sync HDR

Soldato
I just want a decent 27", 1440p, 144hz, IPS, Gsync panel. Every single one I've tried had deal breaking quality control issues.

Is this really too much to ask? Bloody ridiculous that they are now moving on to this new tech without addressing such huge glaring issues with the previous gen.

Associate
With this at £2k or thereabouts I hate to think what the UW equivalent will be when it's inevitably released, at least £2.5k probably £3k.

It's all getting just a bit daft now.

Soldato
Impressive tech but I can't help think it will be better to wait a few years until we can actually run games at a high enough framerate to benefit. It's hard enough getting 60fps

If things carry on at this rate, in a few years monitors will be £5K, a keyboard will cost £500, a mouse £300, CPU £1K, GPU £2K, mouse-mat £100... but at least everything will be RGB. So yeah, start saving yesterday!

Associate
I wasn't expecting to see a monitor like this any time soon so this is pretty exciting! I'd be more excited by a 3440x1440 version though and it would be much easier to actually make use of the 144hz!

Associate
I wasn't expecting to see a monitor like this any time soon so this is pretty exciting! I'd be more excited by a 3440x1440 version though and it would be much easier to actually make use of the 144hz!

Soon?! It won't be out until the end of the year and the DP 1.3 spec that could accomplish this monitors connectivity will have been released for well over THREE YEARS by the time this hit stores!

Associate
Soon?! It won't be out until the end of the year and the DP 1.3 spec that could accomplish this monitors connectivity will have been released for well over THREE YEARS by the time this hit stores!

Thats still pretty soon in my book. Considering we haven't seen a 4k display over 60hz yet let alone a display with HDR and full array local dimming! (which is HUGE!)

All of this in one monitor this year is very surprising. I thought we were at least a few years away from this sort of thing.

Associate
Really sucks right now with the exchange rate. I just checked with I paid for my Acer 144hz Predator G-sync when it came out and it was around £520 they are now like £700!!!! This monitor whilst sounding amazing will be silly money

Associate
If it was 32" I'd overlook the thick bezel from 2012, but 4k at 27" with that bezel and no doubt high price tag I think I'm going to wait for a better option. Hopefully, Asus will release a 3440x1440 21:9 version of this panel.

The HP Omen X 35 looks great but the use of an AMVA panel and no mention of quantum dots or hdr implementation makes me think that the Asus PG348Q would still be the superior option.

Aesthetically the LG 32UD99 is the best-looking monitor at CES imo but lacks gsync, dynamically controlled lighting zones and has a peak brightness of 550nits (which is almost half of what the PG27UQ is advertised to deliver).

Soldato
ASUS said the original quoted price of $1,199 was wrong. In Germany they stated it will retail for 1,999 Euro, so expect something close to that in USD and GBP.

Looks like I won't be upgrading this year after all even if Volta comes out. Still, I expect prices to tumble in 2018 as other manufacturers step in and the process is refined and the components become cheaper. I also expect OCUK to forward this feedback on pricing to Asus.

Soldato
Wonder how it would compare to a 1440p screen visually? Some talking as if it's hard to see the difference.

I bet this would be great for playing older or less demanding games, don't fancy its chances on more recent titles though. Wonder if there will be TN versions.

Associate
Wonder how it would compare to a 1440p screen visually? Some talking as if it's hard to see the difference.

I bet this would be great for playing older or less demanding games, don't fancy its chances on more recent titles though. Wonder if there will be TN versions.

Would have made more sense to make the PG27UQ utilise a 1440p panel instead of 4K at 27" which in turn would also have no doubt reduced the cost and an added benefit of less stress on the GPU when trying to attain at least 60fps.

No way will there be TN version; it's literally the worst panel to use for colour reproduction and contrast ratio's not to mention horrible viewing angles and colour shift. If you looking for a TN panel forget about HDR just get an Asus PG278Q.

Soldato
Sorry to bump this thread but since Asus don't produce panels these will be based on an LG or Samsung panel right?

So can we expect cheap Korean variants of these screens?

Edit : just seen its an AU panel.

I'm hoping we get this tech cheaper than 2k!

Back
Top Bottom