• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: ASUS STRIX AMD VEGA 64, under £450, interested?

Would you buy ASUS STRIX VEGA 64 UNDER £450 with FREE GAMES?

• HELL YES!

Votes: 80 53.7%
  • NO CHANCE!

Votes: 69 46.3%

• Total voters
Associate
I would buy it but I already bought a different Vega 64.
For the 3 year warranty this is a very good deal. Had a Asus Strix 390X and was replaced imediatly by OcUK. Best support. :)

Soldato
Gigabyte at 440 eh.

I believe that was also the one with questionable cooling for such a high power card.

You know what I can't find anything so maybe it wasn't that one.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Gigabyte at 440 eh.

I believe that was also the one with questionable cooling for such a high power card.

You know what I can't find anything so maybe it wasn't that one.

Gigabyte does have weakest cooler, but is better than reference and adequate for the card, not ideal for those overclocking or running several in one system.

Soldato
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these cards one of the few Vega cards that you can plop a water block onto?

People with full loops might be interested in this deal as it's getting harder to get ref board Vega's now. I think the MSI air boost is another option if you can find it.

Soldato
^^ Tried a few VEGA's now, this is my fav so far. Cool / quiet and prefer the color / look of cooler over the Sapphire Nitro.

Nice looking card!! Have you got The Witcher 3? If so would you mind taking a run around the crooked bog at 1440p max settings and tell me what kind of frame rate you are getting please? Was actually thinking of moving back to Vega from my 1080ti. And the Strix card is tempting.

Soldato
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these cards one of the few Vega cards that you can plop a water block onto?

People with full loops might be interested in this deal as it's getting harder to get ref board Vega's now. I think the MSI air boost is another option if you can find it.

yes. Strix and Nitro are the only ones having waterblocks. Red devil will get one apparently in few weeks time by alphacool, on the usually ugly black.
After that reference only.

Associate
The temptation is real, and that would be a very good deal, but for me at least, I think I'm gonna sit out the next 12 months or so in the GPU market to see how things play out.

Permabanned
Soldato
The Vega's are doing really well compared to the GTX 1080, 1070ti & 1070 in this review.

Nice to see but I'm not too sure what's going on where the 1070ti's beating the 1080 as well, reference 1080 with non 1070ti maybe?
+1 seems a good average across the board with the vega64 Vs the 1070ti 1080.
I haven't looked at the finer details to the test setup but I imagine you are right in the 1070ti delta over the 1080.

Soldato
If I could get the Asus Strix OC Vega 64 at under £450 would this be of interest to those who have been hoping a great deal would appear?
I'm one of those who've been hoping a great deal would appear but no this isn't of interest to me due to the Strix only having two Displayport connectors, appreciate the effort though.

Soldato
The Vega's are doing really well compared to the GTX 1080, 1070ti & 1070 in this review.

Nice to see but I'm not too sure what's going on where the 1070ti's beating the 1080 as well, reference 1080 with non 1070ti maybe?

Yeah some of 1070 Ti, have better power threshold, non ref can boost higher. Makes up for the few less CUDA cores VS the 1080.

I've tried a few 1080's and VEGA's. VEGA 64 is def faster in regular PC games, 1080 is faster in VR. That's just from my own experience though.

Soldato
Yeah some of 1070 Ti, have better power threshold, non ref can boost higher. Makes up for the few less CUDA cores VS the 1080.

I've tried a few 1080's and VEGA's. VEGA 64 is def faster in regular PC games, 1080 is faster in VR. That's just from my own experience though.

How's the Strix? Even Gibbo is waiting to make an offer for the card. Did you tried the settings i posted on page 285/284 to tell us how it performs on firestrike?

Back
Top Bottom