*** ASUS UK P67/H67 swap out details finalised ***

VoG

VoG

Soldato
ASUS UK have final released details of the swap out process for owners of B2 P67/H67 boards.

ASUS UK said:
Starting from Monday 28th March 2011 running until June 30th 2011 ASUS will have REV 3.0 B3 replacement Sandybridge motherboards available and will begin to provide the replacement motherboards for swap directly to the consumer, after June 30th 2011 standard warranty procedure through the original place of purchase will apply.

http://asus.co.uk/sandybridge_swap/

so there you have it, a 3 month window with ASUS UK, after which, your back to your original supplier.

Last edited:

VoG

VoG

Soldato
OP
I was going to wait until mine broke but I think i'll do it in the window as it seems like it'll be a lot easier!

i'll do mine around Mayish, don't use the affected ports so there's no rush for me, besides, if Z68 is coming out around then i might well just buy one of those & bung the P8P67 B3 board i get back in the MM, be a cheap upgrade that way.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
OP
So is there any word on whether we'll be able to simply return the boards for a refund, either directly to Asus or via the retailer?

i can't see Asus giving out refunds, least wise not in the UK, & if your outside 28 days, i can't see the retailer giving out refunds either, especially not now Asus have said how & when & at what cost to the consumer the boards will be replaced.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
OP
It seems as if Gerald Ratner is now the CEO of Asus UK.

i think that's a fair comment :p

There used to be an Asus rep on here, but he stopped posting after he got flamed senseless over Asus's shockingly dire RMA process, which is probably just as well tbh.

personally i won't swap my board out till some time in May, i want to see what price point Z68 comes in at, then i'll buy a MSI or Gigabyte Z68, swap out my P8P67, & sell the replacement so ive had a cheap upgrade.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
OP
Why is that OK when Asus (US), MSI (UK), Gigabyte (UK) will arrange to send a new board first?

ive looked & ive looked & ive looked & i can't find anywhere on the Gigabyte UK site that says there going to be shipping boards out to the customer first before your return your B2, all i can find is this which makes no mention of advance swaps, neither does the Q&A section

give us a link to the advance swap out policy would you, as i'm obviously missing some thing.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
OP
I have just received a phone call from Asus direct advising me that they now have stock of the B3 Deluxe boards and have arranged to pick mine up tomorrow. I was also told that if the board was received on Wednesday then the replacement would be sent out the same day.

blimey, how on earth did you manage to wangle that so soon :D

keep us updated on the total turn around time will you, as i think it'll be a while before they get round to those of us with the vanilla P8P67 boards.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
OP
They still plan to ship out replacement boards on the day of receipt, so you should only be without one for a couple of days, (which is the same as MSI I believe) and which I don't think is too bad really.

on the plus side, you don't have to tie any money up in Paypal for a few days, which is a bonus.

still, i wait with baited breath to see how quickly they implement there new system, & how they cope turn around time wise with the inevitable deluge of vanilla P8P67's.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
OP
I have just been speaking to my man at Asus UK again this morning, and he has assured me that everyone who has not yet received any communication from them should do so within the next couple of days

here we are, a week later & not a peep from Asus UK, why am i not surprised. :p

VoG

VoG

Soldato
OP
Got my return label from ASUS this morning :)

ditto

& i'm now in 2 minds about sending it back, in the 2 months ive had it it's been utterly stable & faultless, zero issues what so ever, & it does seem to be a bit of a lottery with regards to mobo's atm.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
OP
Anybody know how long it take`s to come back?

Montala sent his board in on Fri 1st April, Asus received it on Mon 4th April, & despatched the replacement board on the same day, which he received on Tues 5th April.

so 5 day turnaround including down time when the board was sat going no where in the UPS hub over the weekend.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
OP
ive took a gamble & sent mine off today, i'm hoping they'll get it tomorrow, despatch the replacement straight away, & with a bit of luck it'll arrive back here Saturday.

which is probably expecting far too much but what the hell, ive been meaning to pull my pc apart to move the psu & change the case fans for awhile. besides ive got a fall back pc to use, my rather ancient northy 2.8, with a whole 1 gig of ram at it's disposal, which is going to be painful. :p

VoG

VoG

Soldato
OP
I'm afraid that you are expecting a bit too much, as Asus use UPS (who I assume was the courier who collected it from you) and who don't deliver on Saturdays... at least not for the amount Asus are paying them!

With a bit of luck you should receive it back on Monday though.

aye i know, in all fairness i don't expect it back till Monday morning, now if they'd expressed it that would've been a different matter all together. credit to UPS tho, they where damn efficient, i called them at 12.00 today to arrange collection, & it was on the van by 1.30.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
OP
we should be thankful that they are using UPS, who I think are one of the more reliable couriers.

aye, mines there & been signed for allready, my hands to there hands in under 24hrs on std shipping, can't grumble at that.

question, do they notify you with a parcel number when they ship your replacement board out, or do you have to best guess it's arrival?.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
OP
Hopefully others will post their experiences though! :)

mine will be going together immediatley as this freakin old pc i'm using is driving me to distraction, did Asus give you a return tracking number for the replacement mobo Montala, or did it just turn up unanounced?.

Back
Top Bottom