*** ASUS UK P67/H67 swap out details finalised ***

Associate
Well I have heard F' all! So I found the email they sent me (on the 18th of March) and replied to it with this:

Great statement in your email “our representative will contact you to arrange collection of your motherboard shortly”. IT’S BEEN NEARLY A MONTH!!

Let's see how they handle that :)

VoG

VoG

Soldato
OP
Anybody know how long it take`s to come back?

Montala sent his board in on Fri 1st April, Asus received it on Mon 4th April, & despatched the replacement board on the same day, which he received on Tues 5th April.

so 5 day turnaround including down time when the board was sat going no where in the UPS hub over the weekend.

Soldato
To achieve the fastest service, you are obviously better off arranging for your board to be collected on either a Monday, Tuesday or a Wednesday, so that you receive the replacement two days later.

This obviously wouldn't apply over the Easter Bank Holiday weekend though, but there is still time to get it all sorted out before then.

Good luck guys! :)

VoG

VoG

Soldato
OP
ive took a gamble & sent mine off today, i'm hoping they'll get it tomorrow, despatch the replacement straight away, & with a bit of luck it'll arrive back here Saturday.

which is probably expecting far too much but what the hell, ive been meaning to pull my pc apart to move the psu & change the case fans for awhile. besides ive got a fall back pc to use, my rather ancient northy 2.8, with a whole 1 gig of ram at it's disposal, which is going to be painful. :p

Soldato
I'm afraid that you are expecting a bit too much, as Asus use UPS (who I assume was the courier who collected it from you) and who don't deliver on Saturdays... at least not for the amount Asus are paying them!

With a bit of luck you should receive it back on Monday though. In my case it was actually the same driver who collected my motherboard who also delivered the replacement, so he was able to give me some idea as to his arrival time, which was useful.

Associate
ive only contacted asus once via the form for sandy bridge replacement, i have received no letter either. i think if i send them a email like a above guy did they will reply..... but i might hold it off now as long as possible because ive heard there is a p67 rev3.1 board coming. maybe if i hold off right till the very end i will get a 3.1 version...i know my chances are thin, or maybe i can just ask them if they could replace it with a 3.1 and also tell them i would be willing to wait till the very end.

even tho both my asus pro and deluxe have worked flawlessly, i have a concern that a lot of the current p67 revisions are not perfect and there is something up with them as too many ppl are getting the same type of errors, and maybe asus know thats why they are bringing a 3.1 in?

edit. on second thoughts since both my boards have been fine although ive only tested them both for a few days, i think because so many ppl buy asus you will get more ppl highlighting faults.

Last edited:

VoG

VoG

Soldato
OP
I'm afraid that you are expecting a bit too much, as Asus use UPS (who I assume was the courier who collected it from you) and who don't deliver on Saturdays... at least not for the amount Asus are paying them!

With a bit of luck you should receive it back on Monday though.

aye i know, in all fairness i don't expect it back till Monday morning, now if they'd expressed it that would've been a different matter all together. credit to UPS tho, they where damn efficient, i called them at 12.00 today to arrange collection, & it was on the van by 1.30.

Soldato
aye i know, in all fairness i don't expect it back till Monday morning, now if they'd expressed it that would've been a different matter all together. credit to UPS tho, they where damn efficient, i called them at 12.00 today to arrange collection, & it was on the van by 1.30.

I suppose that we should be thankful that they are using APS, who I think are one of the more reliable couriers, who tend to be used by the 'big boys' such as Intel, for example.

It is encouraging also that Asus are sending out full retail boxed replacements, with all the leads etc., rather than just a 'brown box' job!

Shame it had to happen in the first place really! :(

Back
Top Bottom