ASUS XG438Q 43 inch 120Hz 4K announced

Caporegime
This monitor is using the 120 Hz HDR600 version of the panel. May want to wait for the 144 Hz/HDR1000 version.

Yeah which won’t be until next year. I have never understood how come there is always such a length of time between monitors being shown at shows and actually able to buy it. Seems to be 12 to 18 months nowadays.

I look at the list of upcoming panels and monitors and expected launch dates and think to myself, oh that screen looks like it might be perfect for me and q1/q2 2020 isn’t that far away but then release that means when they are launching it at a show and you won’t actaully be able to buy one for another year so it’s going to be 2021.

Associate
Either way i would be happy with any of these on a black Friday deal probably next year as its too close for this black Friday! I almost got the older 49 inch Samsung (the 2x1080p one) for 799 i think it was on black Friday.

Associate
Acer model before then and that’s hdr 1000 and 144hz and less money than asus 120hz version
When would the Acer one be released?
Yes i saw another tech site was saying 1499 Euros for the Acer one.I don't mind much that the asus is only 750 nits haha its better than my 2008 i think LG 1080p monitor :p

Man of Honour
Caporegime
Thought Acer had come out and said 1499 Euros?

Nope not yet although TFTcentral says it coming out any time soon and will be $1299 so I got it wrong, it will be slightly more expensive than the slower Asus. If the exchange rate hadnt tanked there might not have been much in it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Very keen to see how this turns out, and the pricing could actually be half sensible for once if it's decent... which is surprising from Asus! :p

Soldato
It has a 100x100mm VESA mounting option apparently according to that article above.

Very interesting! The lack of that would've killed it for me, now it's firmly back on my radar.

Soldato
It has a 100x100mm VESA mounting option apparently according to that article above.

Very interesting! The lack of that would've killed it for me, now it's firmly back on my radar.

xg438q.jpg

Definitely has the VESA mount visible now, which is good. Likewise, I'd virtually dismissed this when it didn't appear it would feature one. Would have been crazy not to include on a monitor this size though.

I see it's cropped up on some European sites already, so hopefully will make UK appearance soon enough. Keen to see reviews first though. There's also Acer's equivalent offering of course (which is HDR-1000 I think), which I wonder if will come in even cheaper? I was expecting Asus to go nuts with pricing on this, but at £1099 they're actually being sensible for once it seems... assuming it's actually any good!

Back
Top Bottom