At last Jailbreak 6.1 coming very soon. Yipee!

Soldato
It looks like the eagerly 'proper' iOS 6 untethered jailbreak is coming out very soon, Sunday to be more precise! lol

Seems like a age we have waited for this to come out . . .

About bloody time! lol:p

http://www.iclarified.com/27004/pod...eak-is-ready-credits-planetbeing-and-pimskeks

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/12234/20130127/apple-ios-6-jailbreak-untethered-update-hacker.htm

http://9to5mac.com/2013/01/30/evasi...eleased-sunday-all-other-ios-6-1-devices-too/

With each new release of an iPhone, jailbreaking becomes just one step more difficult. Throw in constant OS updates and it’s amazing the hacker community is able to jailbreak it at all. So it’s no surprise it has taken more than four months for an official jailbreak to be released for the iPhone 5.

On Sunday, that may change. A group of ‘jailbreakers’ known as the Evad3rs are planning on releasing their jailbreak tool: Evasi0n. The website, which claims the team is “Processing the GUI” has a very clean and simple layout. If all goes planned, and Evasi0n is released on Sunday, it very well may be the easiest jailbreak tool since JailBreakMe.

Evasi0n is an iOS 6.1 jailbreak which is said to support the iPhone 5, 4S, 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 4th generation and 5th generation and both the iPad Mini and iPad 3rd & 4th generation. Oh and it is legal after all.

You can get the jailbreak when its released here:

Click me!

Good times are ahead.

:cool:

Hopefully iOS 6.1 can give my 4S a little boost.

;)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Wow,

I've just upgraded to iOS 6.1 and on my 4S it feels lightning fast, really glad I updated.

It's given my 4S a new lease of life! :p

Well worth the upgrade, it's like having a brand new phone again (for the 4S anyway)

Roll on Sunday! Lol

For all people who have held back and using the 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak (like I was doing), well now is the time to upgrade!

Last edited:

rpg

rpg

Associate
No point in updating yet if you have apps that rely on a jailbroken device - which I assume the majority of users do.

Looking forward to seeing how performance will be affected on the iPhone 5, hopefully it's good and I can stick with the untether.

Soldato
A mods attention would be nice.

So how comes when I ask about alternatives to nzbmatrix, the thread gets closed... but talk of jailbreaks is allowed?

Last time I checked, nzbmatrix doesn't only host illegal content and jailbreaking is primarily used for hacked apps. Go figure.

Last edited:
Soldato

So how comes when I ask about alternatives to nzbmatrix, the thread gets closed... but talk of jailbreaks is allowed?

Last time I checked, nzbmatrix doesn't only host illegal content and jailbreaking is primarily used for hacked apps. Go figure.

See the sticky: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18170850

Your comparison is Apples v Oranges. A better comparison would be nzbmatrix and hackulous and guess what? Neither would be kosher to discuss.

Soldato

Really?....

People who even say that jailbreaking is primarily used for cracked apps are stupid. As far as I know, the "main place" to get cracked apps from jailbreaking closed down.

Wanting to update my iPad and jailbreak it again. I need to be on ios 6 to request/use my work VPN, but I don't want to loose my jailbreak because of the things I will loose.

Associate
Looking forward to updating my 4s and iPad 3 to 6.1! Il be donating to the team via PayPal, £10 there way! Hoping it speeds my misses iPhone 3GS 32gb up too.

Soldato
Really?....

People who even say that jailbreaking is primarily used for cracked apps are stupid. As far as I know, the "main place" to get cracked apps from jailbreaking closed down.

Wanting to update my iPad and jailbreak it again. I need to be on ios 6 to request/use my work VPN, but I don't want to loose my jailbreak because of the things I will loose.

You're wrong.

What things would you lose?

Soldato
I'd love to see what apps you have to justify infinifolders.. there aren't enough worthwhile apps unless you fill it up with junk items that get used once.

Password protecting apps... like what and why? Do you regularly lend your iPhone / iPad to people?

Anything else?

Associate
I'd love to see what apps you have to justify infinifolders.. there aren't enough worthwhile apps unless you fill it up with junk items that get used once.

Password protecting apps... like what and why? Do you regularly lend your iPhone / iPad to people?

Anything else?

Sbsettings, which should be standard anyway. Springflash (and Activator) hold the top volume button (or any button you want) to put a light on. Ifile, speaks for itself. Intelliscreenx for replying to sms's etc from notification bar. There's 4 things that make the phone much better for a start.

Associate
5 icons dock and 5 icon springboard, mywi for tethering on demand from ipad to iphone quickly., it isnt all about piracy, instalous has gone now.

Soldato
Still all gimmicky crap that isn't needed - great.
So having quick reply features for text messages is gimmicky crap?

Having to leave the application I'm in, open up messages, reply, exit app, go back to what I was doing... how inconvenient.
Quick reply makes life SO much easier.

Back
Top Bottom