• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI 5870 flash to bypass 900/1300 limit

Associate
I'm confused.

My Asus 5870 currently runs at these specs with MSI Afterburner when gaming:

35Rsb.png

Will this 'flash' and instructions from the OP allow me to OC further without the card crashing/overheating as it currently does if I push the voltage/core/memory clock?

Caporegime
OP
No it was just the a lot of the initial cards when released needed to have a BIOS flash to get past the limit, but a few months down the line you didn't have to.

Indeed.
However, with each generation of card, you're still going to have some reference models getting limited.

Afterburner unofficial overclocking can break certain aspects.

The guide, while it needs a file or two re-uploading, is still useful for those wanting to flash cards for whatever reason.

Soldato
Anyone got a link to first page file as the link is dead

tool to format a USB flash drive
Cheers

This is what you need to format the usb drive. http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=197

i would be interested in an updated upload as well ;)

This is the file you need. http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/56695/Asus.HD5870.1024.090915.html

I've just flashed my Diamond 5870 reference card with it no problems. Make sure yours is a reference card before flashing.

One thing i will add, and what i think is definitely the answer to Sculptor's problems (i had the exact same problems as him) Once you've downloaded the Bios, rename it to Asus.rom then follow the original instructions. You now shouldn't have the problem of
Error 0FL01 or File not found asus.rom

Back
Top Bottom