• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATi Radeon HD3870 Review and Impressions!

J.D

J.D

Soldato
I can only assume that my CPU bottlenecks the cards, as I only get 210 marks more than I got with a single HD2900XT :(

The new card is only faster in a few games. It's not much different than your 2900XT in performance tbh. It is quiter, draws less power and will be cooler so for those reasons it is a benefit over your old card :).

Soldato
I think he is using crossfire, I doubt the drivers are utilising the power of the gpus properly.
I dont think its your cpu to blame

I just got the new riva tuner, testing the cards fan to see how loud it gets....100% = very lol!

Brought the temp down to 36Degree's idle with the fan at 100%

Compared to 49c idle (54c normal) on a 8600gts which is allready low power, impressive tbh :)

Last edited:

J.D

J.D

Soldato
The new card is only faster in a few games. It's not much different than your 2900XT in performance tbh. It is quiter, draws less power and will be cooler so for those reasons it is a benefit over your old card :).

I AM on crossfire and its no quicker than a SINGLE 2900XT :(

Sorry about that. I misread your sig :o. I've never used x-fire so I'm no help. Gareth however has had (or still has) 2x 2600XT's and done a bit of benching with single and crossfire for comparison so he's a good person to get advice from :).

Back
Top Bottom