• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATi Radeon HD3870 Review and Impressions!

Soldato
ouch, pure OWNAGE. :eek:

OWNED.gif

Oh Dear.. :p

Soldato
i'm so on the fence with regards to GT versus 3870.

the fact that they run cooler is great for a lot of ppl but mine will be under water anyway so that's a non starter for me, as is the power consumption ....sure lower is better but i have enough PSU to run 2 of either cards so not a problem.

being able to run a X38 board instead of an nforce is still keeping the 3870 in the hunt for me, but those GT numbers sure whoop the ATI in some titles:eek:

cheers for the writeup jrodga2k5 :)

Associate
Thanks for the review mate, nice to hear a real users opinion:).
I won't be getting this card as I already have an 2900XT fitted with the thermalright cooler.
It's a great card though for those who have been waiting for something cheap and fast from Ati.
It annoys me that Ati couldn't have done this card instead of the 2900 series but i'm crossing my fingers and hoping that the next series will be better.

Associate
very good news on the power + heat issues. we knew these cards weren't going to rewrite the books but at least they do what they claim. a xfire solution would be veeeeery nice!

Soldato
OP
very good news on the power + heat issues. we knew these cards weren't going to rewrite the books but at least they do what they claim. a xfire solution would be veeeeery nice!

Exactly why I bought it! It cost me nothing which is good as well! So no new mobo, no new PSU, just a second 3870 for me now lol!

Back
Top Bottom