Atlas - new Ark developer Pirate MMO

Man of Honour
Bought it, finally, after a long wait, they got the servers up and running properly. Its not really in a particularly good state though at the moment, very glitchy, crashed several times with "UE4 has crashed" errors. Have refunded it for now and will keep an eye on it over the coming months to see if it stabilizes up a bit. Promising concept and its nice to see a company fielding official servers with high populations but not one for me at this time. Glad I tried it out though.

Soldato
To be fair that's just menu, not uncommon for devs to reuse old code. Pretty nasty for them not to even check it works properly lol

Does sum up that developer though, much copy/paste and not caring about game breaking bugs years down the line.

Soldato
Checked it out last night on twitch... it even has the same bugs as Ark does. I was hoping they'd overhaul the UI and character movement as that was my only gripe with Ark, but it's the exact same with a different font for the UI. :(

Is the 40,000 players at the same time even true? I read it was a "world" split across 270 servers to handle everyone?

Soldato
Why am I not at all surprised in another absolute shambollic release. Oh yeah they've really listened since ARK haven't they. 3 fps on a 1080ti and 8700k, lag, rubber banding, bugs, glitches, I've read it all :D:D:D:D just marvellous. But dont worry all its Early Access so it's allowed to be like this for 3 years whilst they fleece the stupid again.

Early Access and dumb gamers with low standards supporting POS games and devs like this is everything wrong with gaming today.

Last edited:
Soldato
Who the hell is still supporting these con men? Go have a look at the Switch version of Ark they're charging $50 for and tell me anyone who greenlights that product deserves any of your money. Not to mention their other console versions barely scrape 30 FPS at the best of times either and that's years after release on the Xbox One X.

Soldato
btqeod2rhw521.png

Caporegime
Why am I not at all surprised in another absolute shambollic release. Oh yeah they've really listened since ARK haven't they. 3 fps on a 1080ti and 8700k, lag, rubber banding, bugs, glitches, I've read it all :D:D:D:D just marvellous. But dont worry all its Early Access so it's allowed to be like this for 3 years whilst they fleece the stupid again.

Early Access and dumb gamers with low standards supporting POS games and devs like this is everything wrong with gaming today.

Preach brother!

Soldato
WOW just wow is all I can say.

"Opened a hidden Ark Menu in the Main Menu screen with a controller. (Go down in the menu til the cursor goes off the screen and press A)

Clicked on "OCEAN" under the list of ARK DLC's.

Clicked on "Start In Singleplayer"

Game booted in a single player mode and threw me into the character creator screen.

This game was originally a DLC planned for ARK, but because all the hardcore ARK players bought the season pass then that means they won't get money, so they released this piece of trash to take as much money from you as possible with little to no effort. Please stay away from this game, don't support the developers."

At least Hello Games will be chuft, it's made their release and the lies surrounding it's release seem nothing compared to this crud.

Back
Top Bottom