auction site rage

Soldato
It looks like something James Bond has used to save himself from the laser beams on the table routine.

That wasn't a quarter, it was your CPU.

Associate
OP
I hope you are not saying the OP quickly opened the package, took the cpu out, put a dmaged one back in we a few other bits, bashed the packet and ran out and caught up with the postman? ;)

Although the bit I dont get with the story is this is clearly a signed for parcel, who in their right mind signs for it with the postman stood there and not notice the damage to outside of the parcel and if u didnt reject it there and then, at least say hold on a minute mate, ill just check this and open it up before signing?

It was posted through the letterbox. Sent recorded delivery i thought i would have had to sign for it. But i didnt have to.

Soldato
forgot to say that he included a tube of thermal paste in the package also. I will attach a photo.

2i730ue.jpg

So again, why isn't there thermal paste all over the rest of the stuff?

There's loads on that heatspreader, yet none anywhere else. Also, I thought you'd given the parcel back?

Associate
OP
I did. I went out and looked fir the postman. And he took it back. and as u can see its all over the cd case. Thats a photo i took before i gave it back.

Also if u zoom in u can see dots of it all over the packaging.

Man of Honour
The buyer can't prove he has had it returned either (without an investigation through the post office) or that the seller had it back. No electric evidence of that either like there is now (because it is tracked).

EBay would side with the buyer if there is no evidence either way.

Soldato
So you took 3 photos, and moved everything around and sealed it up again, then took it back out to the post man before he had gone?

Also, there are little dab s of paste around, there'd be a lot more from such a large blob on the heat spreader...

Last edited:
Associate
OP
So you took 3 photos, and moved everything around and sealed it up again, then took it back out to the post man before he had gone?

Also, there are little dab s of paste around, there'd be a lot more from such a large blob on the heat spreader...

Took 10 photos. Funny how you are basically accusing me of putting thermal paste on it before i took photos. There was paste all over the sticks of ram etc and underneath the items

Soldato
Took 10 photos. Funny how you are basically accusing me of putting thermal paste on it before i took photos. There was paste all over the sticks of ram etc and underneath the items

It's not funny at all. What CPU is it, and what does it say on the heat spreader?

Associate
OP
It's not funny at all. What CPU is it, and what does it say on the heat spreader?

was meant to be a 4670k

and i couldnt see what it said on it as it was all scored/scratched all over the heatspreader

dont know if you can see it on this pic if you zoom in a little.

also you can see at edge of packaging has more thermal paste at top of image.

and yes i moved the stuff in the package as I had to actually see if the processor was there and to take a picture.

bf1a9c.jpg

Soldato
So let me get this right

• order CPU off eBay
  • Seller gives you said Cpu + free memory and thermal paste
  • Thermal paste despite the Ace Venturer Delivery is perfectly symmetrical post opening said parcel
  • you ripped open package like a 2 year old at christmas
  • took c.10 photos
  • sealed up package and ran after the postman and rejected parcel

Something does not add up?

Back
Top Bottom