Audi owners in here!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
List price with the options she wanted it was around £42k, broker sites had same spec for 37/38.

It was nice enough though, wife liked being little bit higher up which made things a little easier/comfier with her dodgy back.
What did you go with in the end?

Associate
Anyone got an audi a3 1.4 cod, the mpg figures look extremely impressive. It states 56 mpg combined, interested if any owners are getting this?

Soldato
Anyone got an audi a3 1.4 cod, the mpg figures look extremely impressive. It states 56 mpg combined, interested if any owners are getting this?

Are these VAG figures? :D

Mazda have had something similar for a few years I think. The MX-5 which is also pretty light gets really good MPG.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Petrol will be better on shorter trips and it’s cheaper fuel. Diesel only starts to make sense when you start doing a fair amount of mileage and longer trips.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I have that exact engine in my Mk7 DSG Golf and am currently averaging around 36MPG.
It’s solely used for commuting, which is 10 miles of town and dual-carriageway (5 of each) each way.

I think the only way you can get 56MPG is slipstreaming a lorry down the M1.
Although I’ve noticed fuel economy is slightly better with the ‘box in S as it hangs on to gears, thus staying in 2-cylinder mode more often. D changes up too quickly and it runs on all 4 cylinders more often.

Associate
I have that exact engine in my Mk7 DSG Golf and am currently averaging around 36MPG.
It’s solely used for commuting, which is 10 miles of town and dual-carriageway (5 of each) each way.

I think the only way you can get 56MPG is slipstreaming a lorry down the M1.
Although I’ve noticed fuel economy is slightly better with the ‘box in S as it hangs on to gears, thus staying in 2-cylinder mode more often. D changes up too quickly and it runs on all 4 cylinders more often.

Sorry whats the box in S? as opposed to D?

Soldato

My last car was an A3 1.4COD saloon. It would just about reach 50mpg at a constant 70mpg on a level surface. It's not bad for a petrol but nowhere near the equivalent diesel on long runs.

Around town it's a different story. 90% of my travel is urban with endless braking and accelerating and I averaged 34mpg over three years. The A3 diesel hatch I had previously (also 150PS) only averaged about 37mpg with the same type of driving.

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
My last car was an A3 1.4COD saloon. 50mpg was achievable on a long

My last car was an A3 1.4COD saloon. It would just about reach 50mpg at a constant 70mpg on a level surface. It's not bad for a petrol but nowhere near the equivalent diesel on long runs.

Around town it's a different story. 90% of my travel is urban with endless braking and accelerating and I averaged 34mpg over three years. The A3 diesel hatch I had previously (also 150PS) only averaged about 37mpg with the same type of driving.
Sounds about right! Identical to my Golf. Manufacturer figures are total BS.

@Bounce the 1.4 petrol would suit your needs based on that mileage. I’d have a look at the Golf GT 1.4 ACT as well as the A3.

Soldato
Christ everyone knows by now how manufacturers obtain their figures, surely. Honest John and What Car car have real mpg figures if you search for them.
I also owned a A3 saloon 1.4 cod, the 140ps version, and my urban was easily 40mpg and on a long run I could achieve 50+...

Back
Top Bottom