Audi owners in here!

Soldato
I
I got mine the around the same time, and Audi are pushing me already as well. I'm pretty sure im going to cough up the bubble on mine and keep it another 2-3 years.
Its a great car I love driving it and they have made most of the S series cars oil burners now. I'm going to hold out and see where the market goes.

That V6 Roar with the roof down is so enjoyable even if its the worst car in the world for moving anything in, that said i wasnt expecting loads of room in a cabriolet, but I was also not expecting to struggle loading up at tescos sometimes.

Yeah, I remember you posting yours on here pretty much the same time as mine. Can see me doing the same no doubt unless Audi do a uturn on the Ss being diesel in the next year or 2. Which aint gonna happen. Mines the fastback so the boot space is really good. If nothings really grabbing me then maybe keeping it is the sensible option for now.

Soldato
Hi all, can I have a sense check? B9 S4 Avant, should the boot lid close automatically after say 10 seconds when it’s opened with the fob or door button? Manual button currently doesn’t work (awaiting Audi to reopen to get it fixed) and engine/ignition off when testing.

Don
I like the fact that they've only done 22k miles in it as if it was an actual piece of exoctica that you would want to keep the mileage low, rather than a diesel which there's no point driving if you're not doing the miles.

Soldato
I like the fact that they've only done 22k miles in it as if it was an actual piece of exoctica that you would want to keep the mileage low, rather than a diesel which there's no point driving if you're not doing the miles.

100 mile a day commute so I think it’s the perfect tool . Will have plenty more poke when I get it mapped after all this madness and will be more or less same performance as a 2.0TSI

Soldato
Hi all, can I have a sense check? B9 S4 Avant, should the boot lid close automatically after say 10 seconds when it’s opened with the fob or door button? Manual button currently doesn’t work (awaiting Audi to reopen to get it fixed) and engine/ignition off when testing.
I don't think so, all you have as options is opening the tailgate with the key, or door button, or the foot waving thingy. However automatically closing, would you want that?

"
Power-operated boot lid
Standard

Contained in configuration
The boot lid can be opened by pressing the button on the vehicle key or in the driver’s door, or by using the soft touch button in the boot lid handle

Closing the boot lid is just as easy and convenient as opening it: simply press the button on the inside of the boot lid, in the driver’s door or on the vehicle key

The opening angle can be conveniently programmed for opening the luggage compartment lid in areas with low ceilings."

Man of Honour
It still doesn't justify being a diesel regardless of what you "think" it's classed as.

Hint, it's not a hatchback, it's a coupé.

Its an ordinary every day car he's going to commute 100 miles a day in. It's a nicer looking A3, it's not an Aston Martin.

The rear tailgate is a hatch?

Seems to justify it to me?

Soldato
A
Its an ordinary every day car he's going to commute 100 miles a day in. It's a nicer looking A3, it's not an Aston Martin.

Thanks Fox , yes defiantly didn’t buy it with the view of being a Sports car or a Coupe . To me a Coupe has a boot not a hatch . I looked at comparable Golf GT TDI and for the same money I was looking at 15 plate car with more miles . When I drove this I just new I had made the right choice , so much better than a Golf . But as Clarkson described it its a Golf with a posh frock on .

Having now driven 1200 miles in it I’m so happy . I’ve also had a software engineer get the Audi Nav and Apple Car Play working on it ( only charged me £150 ) , the virtual cockpit is stunning .

It’s only me and the missis that will ever go init , if my kids come over ( now 22 and 20 ) well take her X5 out for a spin .

Soldato
I don't think so, all you have as options is opening the tailgate with the key, or door button, or the foot waving thingy. However automatically closing, would you want that?

"
Power-operated boot lid
Standard

Contained in configuration
The boot lid can be opened by pressing the button on the vehicle key or in the driver’s door, or by using the soft touch button in the boot lid handle

Closing the boot lid is just as easy and convenient as opening it: simply press the button on the inside of the boot lid, in the driver’s door or on the vehicle key

The opening angle can be conveniently programmed for opening the luggage compartment lid in areas with low ceilings."

That's what I thought. It's not something I want but appears to be happening intermittently and has closed on me a couple of times while I've been loading shopping into the boot. When I tested it yesterday it stayed open as expected till I pressed the button to close. Maybe I'm doing something weird with the key fob button (pressing it twice without realising it?), I'll test again today!

Caporegime

Interesting how arguing with me is more important than sticking with what you've already said in the past huh. Or do you always change like a fart in the wind?

Pretty sure you've already said that a TT is a sporty coupe, AND that a diesel in one is daft...

Why would you want a TDI engine in a TT?

Do lots of miles and need a diesel? Buy something comfortable.
Don't do lots of miles and want a sporty coupe? Buy TT 2.0TFSI

:confused:

Soldato
That's what I thought. It's not something I want but appears to be happening intermittently and has closed on me a couple of times while I've been loading shopping into the boot. When I tested it yesterday it stayed open as expected till I pressed the button to close. Maybe I'm doing something weird with the key fob button (pressing it twice without realising it?), I'll test again today!
There has been instances where, with having the fob in a pocket, it has received an unintentional press of the button. Some have reprogrammed the system so that the action of the button has a greater delay.

Soldato
Can anyone who has owned a D3 A8 tell me if the stock suspension system can lower the car to this height if you select the lowest setting in the MMI? A friend of mine has one and it looks like this on its lowest setting - seems broken to me but I don’t know much about them.
E6313-E4-F-608-A-40-E1-9603-B838-AAF7-A44-F.jpg

Back
Top Bottom