Audi owners in here!

Soldato
Cancelled my order for the Q7. Audi was fine about it and have refunded my deposit with no issues. The sales guy said he is cancelling lots of orders at the moment due to supply issues. Doesn't seem to be an end in sight to it.

Time to try and find a crappy lease car in stock for a year or 2, maybe then you might be able to get your hands on a new car.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Cancelled my order for the Q7. Audi was fine about it and have refunded my deposit with no issues. The sales guy said he is cancelling lots of orders at the moment due to supply issues. Doesn't seem to be an end in sight to it.

Time to try and find a crappy lease car in stock for a year or 2, maybe then you might be able to get your hands on a new car.
:(
Having seen the prices of lightly used Q7s, I can't say I blame you.
Hopefully there's a lease car somewhere with you name on it!

Soldato

Obviously no Q7 but there are a lot of in stock leases available for the new Nissan Qashqai . Seems to be one of the few cars which does have stock availability.

Associate
last week I recieved my etron q4 50, comfort and sound pack, and tech pack... already put 700 miles on it.

In short - Its ok. Range is a bit cack when really cold. Its fine when over 7 degrees. Driving tech is good, adaptive limit, adaptive cruise, all the safety stuff is excellent. Remote heatup etc is great. MMI good (and the Augmented reality HUD is cool), wireless android auto is excellent.

The App experience is awful. You have to phone a the dealer to register you as a user and all manner of stuff that belongs in the 90s....certainly no tesla in this regard.

Charging network in the UK - Still rubbish, but i am largely within 200miles round trips, so just charge at home with the podpoint that came free with the car.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
last week I recieved my etron q4 50, comfort and sound pack, and tech pack... already put 700 miles on it.

In short - Its ok. Range is a bit cack when really cold. Its fine when over 7 degrees. Driving tech is good, adaptive limit, adaptive cruise, all the safety stuff is excellent. Remote heatup etc is great. MMI good (and the Augmented reality HUD is cool), wireless android auto is excellent.

The App experience is awful. You have to phone a the dealer to register you as a user and all manner of stuff that belongs in the 90s....certainly no tesla in this regard.

Charging network in the UK - Still rubbish, but i am largely within 200miles round trips, so just charge at home with the podpoint that came free with the car.

Excluding the tech, is it any good as a car?

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Does anyone else have issues with MMI erasing favourites and shortcut buttons?
This whole business of swapping user is awfully fiddly and the fact you can't shortcut/favourite half the settings I want is a PITA :mad:

Why can't they programme it to the key like in Audis of past?

Associate
We're soon to be looking at picking up a new car to replace my leased Leon Cupra and wanted something a bit bigger, we've narrowed it down to either an S5 Sportback or a BMW 440i Gran Coupe.

Is there a list anywhere online of what was standard kit on a circa 2018 S5, looking through the Audi approved used it seems half the cars have things listed as 'optional' that others don't have etc and it's a pain to understand. Also any must-have options? Virtual cockpit seems to be on most cars, so is a no brainer, B&O speakers would be nice and the dynamic dampers seem to be a rare, but nice to have, option?

Soldato
Soldato
We're soon to be looking at picking up a new car to replace my leased Leon Cupra and wanted something a bit bigger, we've narrowed it down to either an S5 Sportback or a BMW 440i Gran Coupe.

Is there a list anywhere online of what was standard kit on a circa 2018 S5, looking through the Audi approved used it seems half the cars have things listed as 'optional' that others don't have etc and it's a pain to understand. Also any must-have options? Virtual cockpit seems to be on most cars, so is a no brainer, B&O speakers would be nice and the dynamic dampers seem to be a rare, but nice to have, option?
Folding mirrors are not standard I believe

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Very happy with my new Q7 TFSI e :D
The thing is a tank and EV mode is surprisingly jerky considering it uses the ZF 8 speed, but other than that it's awesome.

It averaged 19MPG on a 750-mile overnight run through Germany which is worse than I was expecting, but current average over 2000 miles is 58MPG as 90% of the journeys are in EV mode.
A full tank is the best part of €150 at current prices which makes the baby jesus cry, but WHAT A MACHINE!

UD4Oaso.jpg

iIaLLwF.jpg

2JMEOy1.jpg

Associate
Just after a bit of info / help on the current car market after working oversees for the last few years, and now require a new car. I have previously been an Audi A4 Avant owner and always seem to get drawn back to Audi, even after looking at BMW's, Volvo's and MB's. The current budget is up to £30k.

I would be interested to know what people's thoughts are on the following car - A4 35 TFSI S Line 5dr S Tronic ? Looking to view it on Monday.

Is there anything that I need to be wary of or extra that are a must i.e. virtual cockpit etc? I am still trying to get to grips with pricing, extras and trim levels on the various models so any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Adam

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Just after a bit of info / help on the current car market after working oversees for the last few years, and now require a new car. I have previously been an Audi A4 Avant owner and always seem to get drawn back to Audi, even after looking at BMW's, Volvo's and MB's. The current budget is up to £30k.

I would be interested to know what people's thoughts are on the following car - A4 35 TFSI S Line 5dr S Tronic ? Looking to view it on Monday.

Is there anything that I need to be wary of or extra that are a must i.e. virtual cockpit etc? I am still trying to get to grips with pricing, extras and trim levels on the various models so any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Adam
The G20 3 Series is a much better car than the latest A4. It's newer and arguably more refined. It looks like 320i Tourings are a little over £30k, but if you can stretch to £32k or whatever, I'd strongly recommend it.
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202201211606392

Audi's virtual cockpit is infinitely better than BMW's digital dash, and the newest MMI isn't far off iDrive, but the car itself is significantly better than that A4, which was released in 2016 (prefacelift)..

Soldato
The latest A4 B9 first came out in 2016 and has only had some facelifts since then, whereas the 3 series is a newer car based upon a newer platform than the previous sixth generation. There is a new A4 coming out in 2023, currently being tested, still based upon MLB platform. Remains to be seen how it will compare with the BMW.

I remember road testing a 6th generation 3 series when I had an A3 saloon and I felt the interior of the BMW to be inferior than my Audi was then, hence my choice of an A4 instead which had an interior vastly superior to the BMW. Since then BMW have lifted the game and their interiors are very good. I would say the interior of my 2 series GC is much better than the current A3 it competes with and almost as good as the A4 was.
Audi seem to be heading in the direction of less physical controls and more on touchscreens, which for me is the wrong direction to go. Plus all the fake exhausts Audi seem to have these days.

The Audi dsg gearboxes have a reputation for being sluggish in anything other than sport mode, however the newest version as fitted to my 2.0l tfsi 190ps seemed to be a better one and matched the engine very well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom