Audi owners in here!

Don
Interesting post over on Cliosport about a B7 RS4 purchase gone a bit poopy.

I'm guessing some of those rust/corrosion shots are actually pretty bad things and not just some surface corrosion people are getting in a tizzy over.
Asking for a log on. Is this a re-surface of the old under paint corrosion issues, would have been a relatively common issue back then and people were getting it fixed under warranty.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Ah that's a shame, thought it might have been a public link :(

No not under paint corrosation, under body things being messed up by the looks of it.

Think this YouTube video was taken to show the issues:

I'd expect any car that ages to have some corrosion, but guessing it shouldn't be that bad without being noticed, on an MOT maybe?

Dealer has relisted it here, no issues, full new MOT...

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Audi seem to be heading in the direction of less physical controls and more on touchscreens, which for me is the wrong direction to go. Plus all the fake exhausts Audi seem to have these days.
Unfortunately BMW seem to be going this way now with the G30 facelift :(

Associate
Landed my dream car yesterday. Still sinking in, and after much back and forth with the missus, and a few compromises, it finally arrived.

Previous car: Mini Cooper S R53 2005
Replacement: Audi RS4 Avant 2018

Pictures to follow, if I can figure out how to do it. Tried from Imgur but keep getting an error about a passthrough link.
That is some upgrade! Enjoy :)

Associate
Definitely, in my eyes it's the perfect all rounder.

Great performance, great practicality, and I think it looks epic.

Previous mini was grey with black stripes.

New car: Daytona Grey with black pack.

If anyone knows of a painless way to get pictures uploaded, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Man of Honour
Upload the picture to Imgur. Click 'Insert Image' on here and paste the URL. It should work fine.

Edit :: I think I know the issue, you need the image link itself, not the link to the Imgur page. Right click the picture and 'Copy Image Link' - use that.

Soldato
Went car shopping with the other half looking to replace our now cancelled mini EV order as they kept cutting spec every other week.

Looked at a couple of Q2s as they fit the bill perfectly for us as a second/third car. A bit of man maths and a healthy discount we’ve got a SQ2 arriving in September lovely shade of red. Spec wise black edition with comfort and sound pack added. Nothing exciting but ticks all the boxes and for what it is great fun

Associate
Phenomenal. Would have been my first choice too, in Sonoma Green.

I “had to make do” with the baby S instead

Thanks, yes. The missus said 'I thought we had agreed black'...I was like no...

19" wheels
comfort and sound pack
reverse camera
cruise control
extended lighting pack
piano black interior
leather seats.

Things I wish it had...matrix LED lights, DRC with the suspension setting - I think it's called DRC with sport suspension + but trying to find one below the agreed max budget with all of this was almost impossible. Got £1000 for the Mini so couldn't really say no. Not sure if it's possible to retro fit any of this stuff.

Planning to keep it for a long long time until they decide what they are doing in 2035 onwards.

But a lot more comfortable than the mini, and also quieter inside too.

Don't change cars that often (this is my 3rd car ever) so can't see myself changing any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom