Audi owners in here!

Man of Honour
Seems Audi is beginning to regain it's leadership in car interiors. They went pants for some years, A4 and A6 became horrible with small screens in flat faced dashes with seemingly much cheaper materials, but they seem to be getting back on track again.

Man of Honour
I just configured one of these S3's online as I am looking at options for my wife's next car and was surprised how expensive they come in. I am probably out of touch with such things but this does seem toppy at £44,370 based on a good spec. Are there big discounts on these as I would probably buy outright not finance?

Soldato
I just configured one of these S3's online as I am looking at options for my wife's next car and was surprised how expensive they come in. I am probably out of touch with such things but this does seem toppy at £44,370 based on a good spec. Are there big discounts on these as I would probably buy outright not finance?

Tried Carwow?

Audi's very rarely do anything for me, but that S3 is nice, the interior and display especially. I'm also about to go and spec something up, however in hatchback form :p or maybe even an S5... Will report back what i configure :D

Bloody hell, the S5 STARTS at £47,000! To be fair, theres a lot of it included in that £47k, as specced I reached £53k... Fifty-three Thousand pounds, on an Audi S5...absolutely crazy!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Tried Carwow?

Audi's very rarely do anything for me, but that S3 is nice, the interior and display especially. I'm also about to go and spec something up, however in hatchback form :p or maybe even an S5... Will report back what i configure :D

Bloody hell, the S5 STARTS at £47,000! To be fair, theres a lot of it included in that £47k, as specced I reached £53k... Fifty-three Thousand pounds, on an Audi S5...absolutely crazy!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm not a huge Audi fan either, even though I have one already, but this is for my wife and she looks/wants different things to me so compromise is important. She really wants 4 wheel drive, but doesn't want to be classed a school run mum in some large German 4x4 or RR so those sort of things are out, she hates that whole big sunglasses, always manicured, desperate to fit in mother thing, why I married her I guess :)

She is very un bling but she does like fast cars and fun cars, it's why she has not wanted to change her MX5 (slow but much fun) since I bought it years back (to replace her A4) but I am keep to get something else even if we keep the MX5. If I am going to get something like an A3 then I would probably get a good one and I think these look good but suspect it will still be a numb experience, like most of these German 2L turbo 300bhp cars. Golf R is nice but just a powerful Golf (no problem) and never really excites and I fear this will be much the same, even worse for lots more.

Caporegime
Any Q7 owners? Good, or is the X5 better? Can't afford a Range Rover and the Touareg only has 5 seats. XC90 is a no because I don't like the feel of the interior.

Edit: I mean the latest model of the Q7.

Last edited:
Soldato
The cash price of my spec after negotiating a fair amount of discount was around £34,500. List would be a hair under £40k

How are you paying/financing it, if that's not too personal a question.

My reason for asking is my current company car goes back next year and, with P11D tax going through the roof, it may be time to opt out and sort my own wheels out so I'm interested in all the various purchase/financing/leasing/etc options.

Caporegime
I've put the "equity" in my A4 into it (about £2.5k), a sizable deposit, and the rest on HP.

Hopeful plan is to pay it off in ~2 years time when I should be in a position to just drop the rest of the cash on it, but there's currently no certainty on that, it depends on business to a certain extent.

Last edited:
Soldato
[
IMG_0114.jpg
Why does it have 2 time clocks on the dash display ? :confused:

And what the small 0.0 under the dash for ?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Why does it have 2 time clocks on the dash display ? :confused:

And what the small 0.0 under the dash for ?

The display is customisable, I just haven't got around to playing with it yet. The clock at the bottom of the display is always there, the large "date & time" panel on the right can be swapped out with something else from the "Car" section of the OBC.

The 0.0 is the reset button (reset to 0.0).

Back
Top Bottom