Audi RS4 Avant

Godfather
Godfather
OP
I'm sure you've probably mentioned this before but why is it on UK plates but you live in Switzerland?
Oh and lovely car, looks purposeful and understated!
Much cheaper in the UK and can order LHD. Drive to Switzerland and then register there. Saves around 25% :)

Dup

Dup

Soldato
UK registered left hooker? How does that work? (EDIT, already answered). 25% saving, cant argue with that! Does it avoid silly Euro taxes?

This is one of those cars that just ticks all the boxes for a daily car in the ideal world. Near super performance, great practicality and subtle sporty looks without appearing like a flash No swearing. I love it, although not the colour.

I best get my head down and keep working hard! Hah.

Soldato
The Q7 was a fantastic load carrier and great on the motorway, but in the mountains it was ponderous, as you would expect. Let's not even discuss parking :rolleyes:

Had an S3 daily drive for the last 3 years which was so much fun. Like a go-cart in the mountains. Easy to park but tiresome on long motorway journeys and just about OK luggage wise.

I hope the RS4 will be a good compromise. Fast, comfortable and practical. We'll see!

I get the hint that you're an Audi fan? :p

Soldato
UK registered left hooker? How does that work? (EDIT, already answered). 25% saving, cant argue with that! Does it avoid silly Euro taxes?
Swiss car taxes are actually pretty low, it's the list prices that are relatively high. That's historically been the case, but is particularly bad at the moment, due in part to the Swiss franc.

Most of the Swiss people I know would have gotten one from Germany, but that's probably more 'comfort' related than anything else! :p

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Surely buying it from Germany is even cheaper :D
UK carprices are actually quite low and the Sterling is quite weak at the moment.

Retail price for an RS4 in Germany is €75000. In the UK it's £55000 which is €65000.

Either way, I'm sure Spie knows what he's doing :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Nice motor.

When you do the French Pryreness next year, pop over into Andorra via the Pasa De La Casa route...good roads. Cheap fags, booze etc if that's your thing, plus some good ski slopes...

Back
Top Bottom